We need someone to step up!

jp

Varsity Lurker
This season is the biggest mystery to predict that I can remember in a long time. I watched a local football show (CLT area) Sunday morning where the consensus was that Tech could be the worst team in the ACC. Of course the commentators were just fans of other schools with their own agenda but I believe this is a true belief through out the league.That said I believe we have a good chance to upset some folks.Last year I thought we were short on discipline, and we really had no one to step up and be a leader after Tony Hollings went down.I dont think we can be flashy and win but I agree that running the football, solid defense,and less stupid ill timed turnovers will decide our fate. I have not seen any players step up and say ,follow me,lets win! .

I think Fox and Smith will be the leaders on defense and Reilly on offense. Discipline will be critically important in terms of execution. Turnovers and off-sides and personal foul penalties hurt quite a bit last year. Those kinds of mental mistakes, hurting your own cause, need to go away.

Reilly's got to step up and get all the linemen amped for the season. With it quite possible that Ball's gonna be the man, they've got to hold blocks a little longer and punish anyone that gets close to the kid. If he can do that and keep Ball from getting rattled, he should be a shoo-in for that award he's nominated for.

Back