We still have a case of fumblelitis.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Our coaches, I'm sure, will be putting emphasis on holding onto the ball this week of practice. No serious damage yesterday, but it was close.
After watching Smith, Scott, Dixon & Curry put it on the ground vs BYU, it was Thomas & Daniels who dropped it vs Auburn. Levon actually bobbled it twice before losing it to Aub.
Daniels was very lucky not to lose either of his fumbles. Reggie Ball made a very nice recovery to save PJ & took a vicious hit on the recovery. This recovery allowed our 1st TD drive in the 2nd qtr to continue. If we lose this, the TD drive goes down the toilet.
Seems to be that many are getting into the fumble act, but only one has had a repeat so far.

Yeah, I'm sure they will work on it. fsu will definitely test em to see how secure the ball is. What is somewhat surprising is how careless J.Smith as a senior carries the ball. THWG

In Levon's defense - his fumble was Ball's fault.

It became a hand off and Ball gave it a little bit of a pitch at the last second as Thomas reached for it.

I hate to say anything negative about Ball - he's awesome, but we shouldn't be too hard on Levon for that one. It was more communication than lack of holding the ball.

I would guess the play was a pitch and a pitch - then when Levon was so close, he probably figured it would be a straight hand off, which Ball obviously agreed with - until just the very last second - when he remembered how the play was designed - and just couldn't resist giving it a little flip. It was probably one of those things you do without thinking.

Really liked seeing the extra hands on the ball.
Darius Williams snags one out of thin air. Hoo-ah! Maybe playing more people will identify who has the hands. Levon's fumble was just plain goofy. He needs to run stairs or wear a bucket on his head or something.

Back