We will know more after the Troy game.

ramblin_man

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we will have a effective measuring tool on progress after the Troy game. They came close to beating FSU last night & they're playing well. The speed/talent of the team will be an adjustment after playing against Samford yesterday, however the number of reps that the 2nd & 3rd string guys got yesterday will pay dividends for us in the Troy game...It was nice to see Bennett come in and move the team down field effectively yesterday as well.
This goes w/o saying Special Teams especially kick coverage has an up hill battle to fight....lots to do there. I hope the coaches are able to find enough positive things to keep these guys motivated/hungry for improvement b/c the execution on this aspect of the game is lacking....I don't want to see them quit on themselves or the team....They've got to set small attainable goals & make baby steps (if needed) but things HAVE to change or it's going to cost us BIG time.....
Nice to see the TE and FB come into play some in the Samford game & hope to see more of it in future games....I like fact they're using balanced run/pass attack & we're not one dem. team...we need the respect run/pass to open up both sides when one isn't working....It was also nice to get CJ some TD's yesterday. He's at 3 TD's in 2 games...need to keep building those stats & finding ways to make him a difference maker *constant threat on every snap*...not saying he should/or is the TEAM but got to use him....
In summary as always I AM PROUD to be a JACKET fan & looking forward to the rest of the season...I hope we hold onto our recruits for 2007 & I believe we're on the BRINK of something really SPECIAL FOR THE JACKET NATION!!!!!!!!! GO JACKETS!!!!!!!
(any questions?)

I agree, Troy almost beat the Criminoles yesterday and I am a little nervous about the game on Saturday. We will beat Troy but the score depends, we could blow them out or we could beat them by a FG or a TD. How we perform against Troy will show us what we are capable of upon entering conference play.
Georgia Tech pulls away in the second half to win 35-10.

Back