We would Schedule Auburn when the........

GT 33

Varsity Lurker
Sporting News has them #1 in the country !

Go Jackets, John Southard, GT 33

There is no shame in losing to a darn good football team. There is shame when you lose to a pretty bad one.

I can remember not too long ago when we would have tore that BYU team last night a new one. Now the BYU's and Clemson's are made out to be Oklahoma or Miami.

By that logic, why would anyone want Miami in the ACC?

Answer: To be the best you have to beat the best.

Things can change quickly. When you schedule a team like Auburn, you never know what you're going to get. I'm glad we're playing them. I want to see firsthand how good they are.

You know FATHER WASP...

Just an historical note, the last time BYU played Miami (1990) and Oklahoma (1993), both were ranked, Miami was #1:

BYU 28 Miami 21 (at Provo)
BYU 31 Oklahoma 6 (in Tuscon)

You might want to pick a couple of teams that BYU has played and failed to defeat like Florida State and Ohio State.

Oh and by the way, they retired the jersey of Steve Young last night. He played his 4th college game against the University of Georgia in Athens. BYU lead 14-10 late in the 4th quarter and Herschal Walker was stopped on a 4th and 1 at the Y33. He wisely handed the ball to his offensive guard at the bottom of the pile and yelled fumble. The SEC officials awarded UGa the first down by 1 inch and Walker scored on the next play over a deflated Cougar team that pretty much had their way in the trenches all day in spite of Steve's 6 interceptions. Vince Dooley laughed about the play after the game calling herschal creative. I don't think it appropriate to include UGa on the list with Ohio State or FSU as I think cheating to win is hollow at best.

I don't need a lecture on football history of games played ten and twenty years ago, especially about BYU. Quite frankly, now that last night's game is over nobody cares.

This is a Tech board.

Enjoy your victory and talk to someone from Utah State or New Mexico State or elsewhere out there who might be impressed that Steve Young went there. In case your wondering, I don't give a damn about Herschel Walker either.

Hey SFW, or whoever you are, if
I keeping watching our coach this
year I may become an alcoholic.

Hey, Father Wasp save me some of
that clear whiskey, I will probably
need some after the game Saturday!

Back