"Weak Conferences"

JelloYacketDeleted062020

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I know the ACC had a horrible week, but what about some of the other conferences this week? First, the Big 10:

Northwestern squeaks by E. Michigan
Indiana squeaks by W. Michigan
C. Michigan beats Michigan State
Wisconsin squeaks by Fresno State
Iowa State - well, they stink.

These were all contests against non-BCS conferences.

Of course, Oklahoma State losing to Houston is a big deal, and we'll see what happens later today.

Still a lot of football to watch, but the Big 10 didn't exactly light it up either. I wonder if we'll here how weak they are?

How about the Mighty SEC.

Tennessee loses at home to UCLA from the "horrible" PAC 10.

USC and UGA are scoring left and right, while USC had a tough time against NC State. What's the deal here? Don't worry, ESPN won't mention it.

There are no major or minor conferences anymore. There is more parity than ever in college football. Stating that a given conference is high and mighty and other conferences aren't is just assanine.

I know the ACC had a horrible week, but what about some of the other conferences this week? First, the Big 10:

Of course, Oklahoma State losing to Houston is a big deal, and we'll see what happens later today.

Still a lot of football to watch, but the Big 10 didn't exactly light it up either. I wonder if we'll here how weak they are?

The incredibly huge difference you seem to be overlooking is that they "squeaked by" instead of "lost to".

Right now, F$U is losing to Jax St and Maryland is losing to James Madison. This after Duke lost to Richmond and Virginia lost to William and Mary.

I don't think the ACC has an argument right now.

Right now, F$U is losing to Jax St and Maryland is losing to James Madison. This after Duke lost to Richmond and Virginia lost to William and Mary.

JMU and Maryland are tied right now, but still this is unacceptable for the conference.

Not to mention Maryland currently losing to James Madison and FSU currently losing to JSU. Very dissapointing.

The ACC has a lot of "squeak bys" this week too.

The incredibly huge difference you seem to be overlooking is that they "squeaked by" instead of "lost to".

Mich. St. lost to one of the directionals today.

And the Ben Twinkie consistently loses to decent non-conference foes.

We are a stronger conference than them and the Big Least.

What am I missing here? The only ACC team to lose out of conference this week was UVA...

There's also the fact that UVA and Duke were the bad ones for us, and they are the worst teams in our conference. The Big 10 had one loss (Mich St) and four very, very close calls against non-BCS schools. I'm not so sure that their 4 games isn't worse than our 2 games from the previous week.

How about the Mighty SEC.

Tennessee loses at home to UCLA from the "horrible" PAC 10.

USC and UGA are scoring left and right, while USC had a tough time against NC State. What's the deal here? Don't worry, ESPN won't mention it.

There are no major or minor conferences anymore. There is more parity than ever in college football. Stating that a given conference is high and mighty and other conferences aren't is just assanine.

I guess UGAy is 5 points better than NC State ;)

I guess UGAy is 5 points better than NC State ;)
You see the commercial on ESPN, The SEC on ESPN, they are proping up the SEC because of the tie in. It is really a myth but perception is reality. Again since 1989 the record for the sec vs acc is in favor of the SEC by only 9 games and during that same stretch 10 or 12 acc losses were by Duke, you will never hear this from MARK, REECE AND LOU, they know where the money is coming from.:mad:

What am I missing here? The only ACC team to lose out of conference this week was UVA...

When that post was made either Wake, UNC and Duke were losing or FSU and Maryland were. So no matter which it was bleak.

Back