Weaker Offensive Line: Falcons or Jackets?

Who has a weaker offensive line relative to the league they play in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Persecuted for his beliefs
OK, *relative* to the league they play in, which team has a weaker offensive line?

Pole coming.

Falcons O-line is dreadful.....I feel worse for Matt Ryan than Vad Lee.

The falcons o-line is absolutely terrible. They have moved everyone around to different positions and nothing is helping. I thought Konz was supposed to be really solid coming out of college. I think he got benched today because he sucks so bad.

The Jackets o-line is not good but at least we can usually run the ball. The Falcons can't do either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The falcons o-line is absolutely terrible. They have moved everyone around to different positions and nothing is helping. I thought Konz was supposed to be really solid coming out of college. I think he got benched today because he sucks so bad.

The Jackets o-line is not good but at least we can usually run the ball. The Falcons can't do either.

This is the type of discussion I was looking for. What I don't understand is why the Falcons line is so bad. They don't have any injuries there do they?

This is the type of discussion I was looking for. What I don't understand is why the Falcons line is so bad. They don't have any injuries there do they?

They do have injuries but I'm not even sure if it would matter. Michael Johnson was supposed to be the starting right tackle but got hurt during training camp I believe. Which is why Lamar Holmes ever saw playing time. Sam Baker has been hurt off and on but he's pretty terrible when he plays anyway. Todd McClure retiring was probably the worst thing that happened to the line. Also losing Tyson Claybo didn't help either.

They do have injuries but I'm not even sure if it would matter. Michael Johnson was supposed to be the starting right tackle but got hurt during training camp I believe. Which is why Lamar Holmes ever saw playing time. Sam Baker has been hurt off and on but he's pretty terrible when he plays anyway. Todd McClure retiring was probably the worst thing that happened to the line. Also losing Tyson Claybo didn't help either.

So the off-season personal moves should be accounted for in their draft and free-agent planning. Sounds like a ball was dropped somewhere.

Falcons O & D lines are flat out gasoline soaked dumpster fires.

Clabo got benched this year in Miami so no loss there. McClure was the biggest loss on this entire team. Couple that with the fact TD can't evaluate lineman for öööö & you have the disaster we are seeing this year.

I seem to recall some fuss about McClure's retirement. Something about that it was a team decision not a Todd decision. Which stinks even worse.

I seem to recall some fuss about McClure's retirement. Something about that it was a team decision not a Todd decision. Which stinks even worse.

That's the way I understood it myself. Wonder what both parties are thinking this far into the season. I guarantee you McClure is laughing like crazy at the O-line play this year.

Steelers.

I actually think the Stillers line is coming along, with all the injuries and these young guys playing so many snaps they are starting to get it and it will be a plus in the near future

They are starting to pass block well, still can't run block, but hey..

Back