wednesday practice report (LINK)

thanks law bee! i very much like the idea of mathews playing fullback. could be just what we need!

y'all do realize that this is a biased and sugar coated report coming out of our SID.

we'll wait for what beeware thinks is a fair report to accurately judge how things are going

Originally posted by huntnbee:
thanks law bee! i very much like the idea of mathews playing fullback. could be just what we need!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Was really nice to see in practice, Mathews.

He really showed some super soft hands in catching several passes in open field in the flat. QB's running for their life found him well with heat
wink.gif
. One catch included him hammering several defenders as he turned it up the sideline to gain more yards. Really got the O Jacketed up. He really made some plays catching on his first day playing HB/FB. Made several catches in traffic with guys putting licks on him. There was one bullet from DBo that he missed on the run down field on a pretty good play from Dbo who had what I felt by far his best practice. This was his fist at the position. Showed a few times in blocking.

First day to this point in practice where the D didn't really dominate the O. Dbo lead the team on a nice drive down the field for a score. This was officiated.

Really great practice to watch. Really glad we where able to get as much in as they did with delay because for lightning.

Have to mention in this report which isn't detailed that it was great to spend it with Mr. Wilkerson and Mr. Houston who really were optimistic looking on. Good stuff early on in building this team to getting ready for Provo. Sugar coated? I don't know, but this is what happened in practice.

Go Jackets!

(I HOPE THIS POST WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH POSTERS PRAISE OF EX GT COACHES WHILE BASHING CURRENT. THIS IS MY OPINION GOOD OR BAD. I'd give a more detailed report on StingTalk, but some posters want to turn what's stated into their personal quest.
grin.gif
This breaf report was for information only as I saw it.)

I know we are all eagerly awaiting beeware and his analysis but maybe this will do in the meantime. Matthews was the real deal at practice today. He caught several passes out of the backfield and made the defense pay when tackled. He remided me of a young Ed Wilder. He has very soft hands and only dropped one pass that I can recall. DBO made some improvement but he still has aways to go. Daniels ran very hard inside the tackles. The defense continued to put alot of pressure on the QBs. Hargrove and Henderson had a very solid practice.

this is great news!!!!!!!! i think this move by chan is good
tongue.gif
lets hope Dbo keeps improving
smile.gif
this could be the start of something very good for GT!!!!!!!!
blue.gif

Back