Wednesday's Smack

saxondawg

Varsity Lurker
Wednesday\'s Smack

OK, I'll just tell ya in advance, it SUCKS, and anything you guys do shows you OWN me, I understand the rules. However Techbert added the rule (that I never set) about it having to be NEW smack--so here is an ALL-NEW, 'very special episode' of today's smaquery.

Odell Thurman wiped the blood off his hands with obvious distaste. "Never fails," he said. "Messiest game of the year. Last season I showered four times after the game, and I still couldn't get all the entrails and skin tissue out of my hair."

"Oh, stop your moaning," said Dave Pollack, skipping up to the defensive huddle. "The tight end STILL has his hands inside my jersey. Look, I'm used to being held, but it creeps me out the way the Tech players get into the 'intimate touching' part of it. It's DISGUSTING. Say, what's with this gameday crowd? I keep waving my arms, and I'd say they're only about 80 percent as loud as last week."

"Don't forget, we're in Tech's place," said Odell, spitting a piece of an ear into his hand. "There are still a few Tech fans scattered around up there. HEY THORNTON, YOU BEEN TYSONED," he suddenly barked, dropping the ear down the back of Thornton's jersey.

"Man, I HATE it when you do that," said Thornton, trying to wiggle the detached organ from the place where it had lodged in his pads. "What'm I gonna tell my lady if she finds it on me later? How do I get this thing out?"

"Skipping helps," said Pollack. "That's how I got started. Man, I miss Gilbert and Boss. They always brought their toothbrush into the D huddle. Very good etiquette, those two--these new dudes could learn somethin' from 'em."

"Good tooth care is essential," said the Tech tight end, still hanging from Pollack's shoulders. "Otherwise you can get pyrrahea and..."

"Shut UP," said Pollack, rattling the player with his fist. "I told you to ASK PERMISSION before talking. And call each of us 'Great Bwana.' Like 'Great Bwana Pollack' and 'Great Bwana Davis'; 'Great Bwana Thurman'..." Screw up again and I won't let you attend our huddles."

"Yes, Great Bwana Pollack," said the tight end obediently. "Please don't send me away. I like it here with you."

"Shut UP," said Pollack. "Now. Who still doesn't have a sack?"

Several scrubs raised their hands. "Oo! Oo! Me! Me!" said Thomas Davis, jumping up and down, bashing his way to the front.

"Davis, you've got SIX," said Pollack. "I counted. Let someone else have a chance. You're too selfish, that's your problem." Davis hung his head in shame and sniffed; Davis was known for his tender feelings. Pollack continued, "Sandra, how 'bout you?"

"Nope, I got Ball on the last play," said Sandra, the water-squirter chick. "I can't believe how easy it was to run him down. If it wasn't 'that time of the month,' I could have made him cry and hand me the ball. Then again, maybe it was 'that time of the month' for Ball, too."

"Say, where is Ball, anyway?" asked Pollack, peering at the Tech offensive huddle. The Jackets formed a small cluster of whining, moaning football players, some of them on their hands and knees fumbling for stray body parts. But Ball was not among them. Nor were A. J. Suggs, who was considering another transfer and was away visiting schools as geographically distant from Athens, Georgia, as possible; or Nefarious Bilbo, who was now rumored to be part of the Federal Witness Protection Program.

"I last saw Reggie about six plays ago," said Davis. "I just figured they took him out because the ball wasn't making it as far as the quarterback anyway. I know I took the snap directly from the center twice. Those guys are SLOW."

"Say, you don't think that kid wussed out on us, do you?" said Thornton. "If he..." Thornton broke off. "Hey, Odell, c'mon, man, not just your hands, wipe your feet, too. You're NASTY. I think you stepped in a huge wad of gum."

Thurman examined his right cleats, then his left. Slowly a broad smile began to spread across his face. "I don't think that's gum," said Pollack.

"TECHHHHH-waddddd," said Odell, savoring the sound of it. "REGGGGIE barrrr."

"Great Bwana Thurman, could I have it when you wipe it off your cleats?" asked the tight end, reverently, offering the inside of his helmet as a receptacle. "He was the best quarterback we had."

"Shut UP," said Pollack.

"Three out of six, three out of six," screeched a lone rat-capper in the diminishing crowd.

Re: Wednesday\'s Smack

Sorry Saxon that one does suck. Definitely not one of your better efforts.

saxon,

Do you know the definition of gross ignorance?
confused.gif

It is 144 ugag honor students!
pat.gif

drinking.gif

beeware, know what you call a beautiful woman on the arm of a Tech man?

A tattoo.

Originally posted by saxondawg:

A tattoo.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">2 things here.
First, if I ever saw a woman the color of a tattoo, I would probably run the other way.

Second, any woman that could fit "on the arm of a Tech man" would have to be ridiculously small. I don't know about you, but I have never found any midget to be "beautiful."

Thanks for posting.

Great Smaque S-Dawg... I Am Obliterated.

Now don't use me as your pre-excuse. I did not "rule" that smack had to be new. But stale smack is... STALE. It is intuitively obvious even to the most casual of observer without loss of generality, as we like to say on North Avenue. Would you show up at the 2003 Pillsbury Bakeoff with muffins you baked in 1980? (Wait... the answer is "no", although you may be thinking it over.)

So basically you are dissing us with stale smack and then... this! What contempt you must hold us! At least give us an Ooga prognostication or something with a shred of amusability!

Please read my Tolley Award post. It may spur your creative juices.

I do release you from your self-imposed daily deadline. Take you time. Get it right. Stingtalk is here any time you want to play. 24x7x365. We're rooting for ya, big guy!

Know what ya call a god looking woman on UGAy guy's arm?

Sister

Originally posted by Beesnut:

Sister
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">only cause Mother won't be described as "good looking".

Originally posted by Beesnut:

Sister
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You know what God looks like? That's pretty impressive.

Actually, wanted to come back and just wish everybody a happy thanksgiving, if you'll accept that. I've had a good time with the back-and-forth, and possibly a couple of you have, too; the others I'd simply like to remind, it's all in fun, it's not about actual anger or hatred--I certainly hope not. I have too many friends among you, including an old Tech friend who posted in this thread.

My best wishes for the game Saturday (other than the final score), for a good bowl for Tech to top off an over-achieving season when you battled adversity and weren't SUPPOSED to make in any bowl at all, and for a good future of building under Coach Gailey.

Remember, it's supposed to be "clean" old-fashioned hate. I think it's possible to enjoy the rivalry and still remain within the spirit of Bobby Dodd's famous quotation, as heads the Hive.

Happy Turkey Day, all.

Happy Thanksgiving.

After I fart in your general direction.

Have a safe Thanksgiving, and I hope you enjoy everything Saturday except the final score.

And keep drinking the quality products of the Coca-Cola Company.

Saxon, I hope that at your Thanksgiving meal, one of your lesser-know kin says:

"You know Saxon, I was reading Stingtalk on Wednesday and saw your post to try to re-elevate your smack to Techbert's level. Maybe you should stop because that was both moronic and embarrasing."

What is the difference between a ugag cheerleader and a lightbulb?

You can unscrew a lightbulb.
wink.gif

Bonus joke (non Tech/ugag):

How many straight San Franciscans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Both of them.
tongue.gif

A tattoo.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I thought it was a female UGAg honor student...
wink.gif

...they know a good catch when they see one...

98reck driver:

I include you in my wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving. I know you're not a reflection of the general classiness of Tech folks. Yes, Techbert is a fine satirist (and presumably, human being). As a fulltime writer, I'm in no particular hurry to "re-elevate" myself (whatever that means) to reach anyone's level. I can assure you that in the other 99.99% of the universe, my writing is well enough received for me to make a very comfortable living. Thanks for your comments, and may you and yours re-elevate yourselves to a wonderful holiday season.

Saxon, thanks for spending so much time over here. We know that it results from deep seated regret at not having attended a respected university when you obviously have some (all be it mostly verbal) intellectual ability. We know that you feel more at home over here than on the DawgVent ("I tell ya what that gawd damn Adams better leave Veence alone or we'll get Sonny involved!!")

98reck driver:

I include you in my wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving. I know you're not a reflection of the general classiness of Tech folks. Yes, Techbert is a fine satirist (and presumably, human being). As a fulltime writer, I'm in no particular hurry to "re-elevate" myself (whatever that means) to reach anyone's level. I can assure you that in the other 99.99% of the universe, my writing is well enough received for me to make a very comfortable living. Thanks for your comments, and may you and yours re-elevate yourselves to a wonderful holiday season.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Which AJC sports writer are you?
shocked.gif

Back