Week 0: UF and da U

ClydeBrick

All Being Master of Time Space & Dimension
One of the talking heads made a mention of how only the college game has zero preseason and alluded to how it should surprise no one that early season games can be öööö shows.

Shocking no one other than his bosses.

gogt121

GTRW121
Throngs of college football fans eagerly await the start of of the season. The match up looked good on paper. In-state rivalry game with a history of good games and bad actors had public interest piqued. So everyone tuned in to see an absolute sh!tshow beyond imagination.

It was so bad, I'm not sure what to take from it.
Thought it was a crazy sloppy fun game

rain

Dodd-Like
was that shot of Spurrier there after Miami ran out of downs very late in the game - and UF immediately threw into traffic and got intercepted?
That was a dumb play call at that point in game.
I remember the shot of it live.

Olgoldandwhie

Flats Noob
was that shot of Spurrier there after Miami ran out of downs very late in the game - and UF immediately threw into traffic and got intercepted?
That was a dumb play call at that point in game.
I remember the shot of it live.
Yep. If they had switched a little quicker, might have read his lips. I hope we don’t do stupid crap like that.

FullMetalBuzz

Posting from your mom’s house
Meh. Bands marching around outside stadiums without well-known routes often causes issues. Throw in ghetto Miami fans and a choke slam or two is not surprising.

When I was in school the Maryland band decided to march in formation into Bobby Dodd Stadium. Tech fans were not pleased with their route and several collisions ensued. I think Tech ended up apologizing.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Meh. Bands marching around outside stadiums without well-known routes often causes issues. Throw in ghetto Miami fans and a choke slam or two is not surprising.

When I was in school the Maryland band decided to march in formation into Bobby Dodd Stadium. Tech fans were not pleased with their route and several collisions ensued. I think Tech ended up apologizing.
The game was in Orlando so the Miami fans really have no excuse

FullMetalBuzz

Posting from your mom’s house
The game was in Orlando so the Miami fans really have no excuse
That likely was the cause of the issue. An unfamiliar environment increases stress and probably led to either the Miami fans ending up where they shouldn’t be or the Florida band attempting to march somewhere that interferes with the crowd.

I’m not defending physically assaulting the band though. Miami fans are of course trash.

It’s just not very surprising given Miami fans and how some bands can act.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.

There was also the time we almost dropped goalposts on Auburn's band.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein

I believe it was a post game march through fraternity row that caused the trouble.