Week 1 lines, what ya got?

without being a troll ill take VT. thought is if we win ill be thrilled. if we lose-it will be by more than 7.5 and i'll have money in my pocket.

other than that-i stay away from week 1 lines.

I like Michigan at +11. I think michigan's speed is going to limit the effectiveness of alabama's massive dline, and they lost upshaw, Hightower, Barron, and Kirkpatrick all from the back 7. I'm sure bama is going to have capable guys as replacements but there has to be some sort of learning curve. Also, not sold on bama's offense at all. Think Michigan could jump out early to a 10-0 or 14-3 type lead and then it end close at like 24-20 with either team winning.

without being a troll ill take VT. thought it if we win ill be thrilled. if we lose-it will be by more than 7.5 and i'll have money in my pocket.

other than that-i stay away from week 1 lines.

That's a very dangerous bet. I've had that logic once or twice and ended up seeing tech lose a heartbreaker by 3. Then I have to drink for the loss of the game and the loss of the bet.

I like Michigan at +11. I think michigan's speed is going to limit the effectiveness of alabama's massive dline, and they lost upshaw, Hightower, Barron, and Kirkpatrick all from the back 7. I'm sure bama is going to have capable guys as replacements but there has to be some sort of learning curve. Also, not sold on bama's offense at all. Think Michigan could jump out early to a 10-0 or 14-3 type lead and then it end close at like 24-20 with either team winning.
I agree, I think that game is closer than the spread

That's a very dangerous bet. I've had that logic once or twice and ended up seeing tech lose a heartbreaker by 3. Then I have to drink for the loss of the game and the loss of the bet.

i think we either come out flat and get steam rolled.

or

we beat them.

i hope the latter-i wont bet real money but with monopoly money ill let it ride.

I would think the opposite... That Bama gets ahead by about 10 and Michigan creeps back with a chance to win at the end.

i think we either come out flat and get steam rolled.

or

we beat them.

i hope the latter-i wont bet real money but with monopoly money ill let it ride.

I don't think VT is good enough along the lines to steam roll us. We would have to help them. We need to put them away so no late PF penalties can assist them...the refs will find one somewhere. Last year was just flagrant.

Obligatory SEC speed is faster than B1G speed comment.

Bama will beat Michigan, but Robinson will keep Maize in the game. The guy has plenty of intangibles that account for yardage and points, it all depends on how quickly Bama can put a stop to it.

Miami -2.5 @ Boston College is my favorite.

Boston College hates their coach (Coach Spaz). Not much positive vibes coming out of Massachusetts these days.

And Miami's got infinitely more talent.

I'll be pretty ill informed until around week 3, but that Miami line does sound pretty tasty. I wouldn't bet on it, but I hope Michigan beats Bama so bad so we don't have to endure another rematch.

I alsro really like TX A&M -6.5 @ Louisiana Tech the first Thursday night.

TX A&M has Houston's old football coach (who is an offensive genius) and the reports on their quarterbacks in the scrimmages have been MUCHO positive. 18 for 22 passing on Saturday's scrimmage.

I'm more confident in this pick than I am Miami over BC. BC has a proven mediocre quarterback. Miami doesn't.

aTm is favored by less than a touchdown over LA Tech? Am I missing the crap out of something here? I know they did real good like in the WAC last year but dang.

aTm is favored by less than a touchdown over LA Tech? Am I missing the crap out of something here? I know they did real good like in the WAC last year but dang.

...and AT Louisiana Tech.

But then, we did go to Murfreesboro.

The consensus is -7 but one place has them at -6.5

I always use this link during college football season to follow all the spreads:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/?s=1924

Also, if BOR is willing to allow any other Savannah area posters to join our "Against The Spread" pickem' challenge...I'd highly suggest doing so. It's $100 for the entire year and it's the most fun I've had picking games. Ever....even though I've been very Chan Gailey-like in my mediocre results. Good stuff.

Back