Weekly Report

demjackets

Damn Good Rat
Big win this past weekend. I dont think we could of played much better defensively besides the secondary, the front 7 played really well. Receivers gotta step up and start making some catches, Taylor sailed a few balls high but they dropped too many as well. OL played a tremendous game, dont think I'm crazy but the OL will be better next year then this year, our young guys on the line can really play. TC was TC a hell of a performance, I'm sure you all could see he still wasnt full speed, he was pulling up a lot to go out of bounds.

As for this weeks game:

1. Cant sleep on Army, the staff preaching it all week. Army is a tough team mentally and will play hard the whole game. They have played some pretty good ball this year at times, Hiveredtech had a good posts with some stats in it, but they were in games against BC and Wake till the end. With that said though I expect some new energy out of the team that you havent seen since the first two games of the year. This very well could be a close game, I see it going the other way and we get everybody some solid PT. Did the Miami win rejuvenate the team? Maybe

2. Taylor didnt play a great game but he didnt play all that poorly, he still needs to step up though and improve on the crossing routes in the middle of the field, he is going to get the WR's killed sailing the ball like he did last game. He did have some nice audibles out of plays, when Deuce is hot keep feeding him and he knows that.

3. Donley finally saw some PT and will see a lot more this week, JJ has been a disappointment and if he doesnt step up he might be standing on the sidelines come the VT game. If I had my own 3 WR set right now it would be: Thomas, Smith, and Donley

4. Good to see Earls get back in on some action, he even had a nice grab, he will be returning kicks this week more then likely, should see some solid time at WR too.

5. Choice, the plan this week is get him in and out, everyone will have to contribute to make that happen but if we are sitting pretty in the first half I dont suspect to see him anymore, my guess is he will get around 15 carries if we play it right.

6. The question everybody wants to know, WHERE IS DWYER? Well the frosh hasnt been doing what they are trying to teach him, he isnt reading his blocks very well in practices and wants to bust everything outside. I still see no reason why he shouldnt of had a few carries the last couple weeks, we can atleast give him some toss sweeps or something to get him on the field. This week they will test him and see if he has improved on reading blocks and picking up the blitzes, I think he will get a heavy load this week.

7. Who will be #2? Booker is still very much the #2 QB, Nesbitt comes in by design for his specific plays. If TB went down Calvin would be the man, look for Nesbitt to play before Calvin but not running the full offense just coming in on designed series. Both should get a lot of action if we play like were supposed to.

8. Bowen had a very nice game against the U, he is still hurting but playing well lately. AT is still getting some time as well, they are splitting series and defensive packages right now.

9. Tackling was a little better but we still must improve, look in the 2nd quarter for a new person to be in the defensive backfield, it will be his chance to show he needs to start. Jamal Lewis also needs to step up and play like the All ACC safety he is, he hasnt had a bad year but hasnt performed like everyone thought he would. JWD is getting better, still struggles on the deep balls though.

10. Look for some new wrinkles on O this week, Dwyer and Nesbitt running a few things together? Maybe. Split backfield some people have been calling for is a possibility too.

11. Should be a rotating OL again this week. McManus and Lonowski are still out.

12. Recruiting has been slow lately, Etienne Sabino was at the Miami game to check out both teams. All I have heard is he likes the way Tenuta runs our D and he likes to blitz, from what I have heard he will decide soon. I think we are a legit contender and in his top 3. Gerrell Robinson is one you can mark off he eliminated GT. UGA is still a very big recruiting weekend and we should know a lot after that weekend.

13. I met with a few of the seniors this morning for about 10 mins, had a nice chat. They seemed like the team is finally coming together albeit a little late. They are all still very confident they can run the table but are not looking ahead. These seniors want to go out strong and have a very big goal still looming at the end of the season.

14. Coach D and Bond deserve a lot of credit for the Miami game, they saw some things to change at the half and the players responded well to the changes in the blocking scheme.

15. For bball, heard Tyshawn Taylor had a very good visit and we might be the front runner now for him. He still is going to take a few visits.

Should have a few things to add from what I gather this week before the Army game either Thursday or Friday

Last edited:
Thanks, Dem!! Having info like this adds VOLUMES to this board....one of the reasons I like it so much. Between your stuff and recruiting info from guys like you and hiveredtech, et al, this place is a super source of solid updates!

And the staff is right......can't expect to just roll the helmets out onto the field and expect those USMA guys to fall down like so many pins.

Keep the updates coming! GO JACKETS!!!!

Thanks!!!!

If Booker is the #2 guy, I sure would like to see him get a series or two a game though. Especially when we start a drive in good field position, just to keep him sharp.

Added a few things not much, I will have some tidbits for the Army game up later this week.

Back