Welcome C'Bo

Kid really relishes the moment he can't avoid contact with a defender and hits people with great leverage. I think he's going to be an outstanding blocker.

If salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?, saith the Lord. (Luke 14:34)
By complaining about our talent, answereth the ST-er.

Welcome, C'Bo, to the Flats. Whatever you do for Tech, we appreciate it. And we're gonna have a lot of fun with your name over the next few years.

Yep I earned that big cry. Another diamond in the rough that pans out 1 in 100 times.

I watched the film. He is definitely the most talented kid in those shots. Has a weird run. Finds day light and can zip past the tiny white kids. He did have that 100 yard int that he got flagged for interference for.

I think he's a fine recruit, I just disagree with Johnson's numbers philosophy. He has set numbers for each position and we recruit to meet each one. To him it's balance. But some positions are greater needs than others (DL/OL), and some positions have greater attrition. I'd rather we overrecruited for OL/DL and underrecruited for AB. With the exception of maybe one year, we've had plenty of ABs

This cat has moves and some serious burst to him. Couldnt force myself to stop watching the highlight reel...and I usually turn them off after the first few plays. The kid can play.

If you want to complain about his opposition, go back and look at Tony Zenon’s highlight reel. THAT was the definition of weak opposition...not so much here

If Johnson has shown any talent at recruiting at all, its been in recruiting a-backs. I’m sure this kid will be completely serviceable.

Welcome to Tech!

C’Bo:
Pronounce-Names.jpg

I think he's a fine recruit, I just disagree with Johnson's numbers philosophy. He has set numbers for each position and we recruit to meet each one. To him it's balance. But some positions are greater needs than others (DL/OL), and some positions have greater attrition. I'd rather we overrecruited for OL/DL and underrecruited for AB. With the exception of maybe one year, we've had plenty of ABs

I don't disagree with your OL/DL point. But that one year we didn't have enough ABs was by far the worst year we've had under CPJ. And if you put 2 competent ABs into the rotation in 2015 we could have competed for the division.

Film on this kid looks great though.

Back