Welcome to the Air Johnson Offense

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
No we don't

Why not? Fans are leaving Georgia in droves, the SCar game stadium wasn't even full. Schultz is writing positive sounding articles about us. Georgia fans are calling into the CPJ show to congratulate and admire him.

What indicates to you that this isn't possible?

Why not? Fans are leaving Georgia in droves, the SCar game stadium wasn't even full. Schultz is writing positive sounding articles about us. Georgia fans are calling into the CPJ show to congratulate and admire him.

What indicates to you that this isn't possible?

History and common sense.

You're right. History and common sense prove nothing, but where are your facts for people leaving the uga fan base or your facts where they would become tech fans.

See my rebuttal to "No we don't"? Not all UGAy fans are die-hard inbred rednecks who paint bulldogs on their bald heads. Some of them are just people who happen to come from Georgia and being a Georgia fan is what you do in Georgia. Those are the people that are leaving. They're only in it for state pride and UGAy is nothing to be proud of in any way right now. On the flip side, we could do quite well this year and we still have the name of the state on our team.

I'm not saying i'm sure at all that this is going to happen. To say it IS happening or that it isn't going to happen at all is pretty difficult because hard evidence is tough to come by for stuff like this. I do, however, have enough in the way of circumstantial evidence to say that it is a possibility.

The pluses this year start with the play of Washington at quarterback. His first two pass attempts went for 73- and 71-yard touchdown passes. NASA is still calculating his quarterback rating

:lol:

I don't think you're going to keep producing 70 yard TD's throwing the ball against real competition. CPJ just needs to make sure to be efficient. 10 to 15 passes a game with most throws in the 5 to 15 yard range would be nice.

I don't think you're going to keep producing 70 yard TD's throwing the ball against real competition. CPJ just needs to make sure to be efficient. 10 to 15 passes a game with most throws in the 5 to 15 yard range would be nice.

It all comes down to the defense. When the defense effs up or doesn't disguise bringing a safety for run support, PJ will see it and draw up a play to exploit it. That first 70 yd TD was planned last Tues PJ said (don't recall where though). Same thing with that TD pass to Peeples against Vandy in 09, just told him to run straight instead of blocking on one play and there ya go.

The main thing here is that the passing game is executing the plays it is trying to do. As long as it keeps that standard the distance of the passes shouldnt be a big deal.

--IF only we could have had a passing attack LAST YEAR--what a difference it would have made.

I wish we had continue to pass the ball. 9 attempts is not enough to achieve proficiency.

I wish we had continue to pass the ball. 9 attempts is not enough to achieve proficiency.

It may not be for statistical measurement, but it is wonderfully proficient for the offense clicking. The offense will put up a crap ton of points this year if the other team has to worry about passing as well.

Let's hope that Hill continues to moprh into Bebe-lite as the opponents get better.

History and common sense.

Were you at Grant Field the day bobby etter picked up the botched snap and scored against UF?

I was, and about 1/2 the old south stands started cheeriing. Dodd was out there playing patty cake with some weak opponent and ugag (to their scumbag credit) was starting to beat good teams.

We don't need to add uconn, rutgers, or other yankee scum. We need to start beating good teams in our back yard. That, not TV markets or worrying about lab classes on a Saturday game day, is how you gain fans.

It all comes down to the defense. When the defense effs up or doesn't disguise bringing a safety for run support, PJ will see it and draw up a play to exploit it. That first 70 yd TD was planned last Tues PJ said (don't recall where though). Same thing with that TD pass to Peeples against Vandy in 09, just told him to run straight instead of blocking on one play and there ya go.

The main thing here is that the passing game is executing the plays it is trying to do. As long as it keeps that standard the distance of the passes shouldnt be a big deal.

+1,000,000.

Ever notice that despite his O genius, Spurrier's best teams have had great D's?

If we had passed 20 times, the additional 11 times would hardly give us enough practice to be "proficient". You get that in practice, where you throw many times that many passes.

The reason you pass in game is to learn how to execute under pressure, but in both games, there was hardly any pressure past the 1st quarter, so additional pass attempts would have just been classless.

They were 15 yard passes, just with tons of open spaces in front :lol:

The reason we throw is to catch teams putting 8 and 9 in the box.

You can't throw a lot of short passes when the area around the line of scrimmage is that crowded.

Back