Well, at least the car heater is working

texstinger

Dodd-Like
after leaving the stadium :biggrin:

First, thanks to the players for doing, I believe, the best they could with what they have been dealt.

There may, perhaps, be as much good as bad. Perhaps more good.

GOOD:

As a poster pointed out to me - we are an Engineering school. I was told Bobby Dodd won a massive 7.2 games per year with "skinny Engineering students". Due to the ACADEMICS, we should not expect to win more than 2 games a year. We do BETTER than that. On that basis CPJ is doing a great job because we can not get any better players than we have now. CPJ should be paid about $100 K for the 2 games we should win, and about $1 Mill for the others. No coach will do better.

Therefore, if some nutjobs in our fan base think we should do better, we will need to, again, compromise our Academics. We did it when we added IM and all the other non-Enginnering degrees. We will be able to recruit better S/As as well as expose GT to a wider group of people.

The downside, it will be hypocritical to sing RWfGT. But who can not live with that if it helps the Institute and our Brand?

Lacking the above - close the GTAA and play intramural.

Our rushing stats are Fantastic, usually.
Passing game needs little work. Before today's game:

Completions: GT 87 Good Opponents Avg 255
Attempts: GT 186 Good Opponents Avg 420
Yds: GT 1548 Good Opponents Avg 3401
%: GT 47% Good Opponents Avg 60%
TDs / INT GT 11/12 Good Opponents Avg 25/12

Today, Butker was great! Blocked kicks were awesome.

Also Good: Compared to Groh, Roof is Great. Course our D is still such that our opponents could get the ball at the most northern part of Peters Park and still drive out to at least the 50 yard line. And down & distance is of no consequence.

Some Bad:

Bowl streak - don't see what good is coming from this. Don't know of any super HS stars that are so impressed as to make them sign with us. Don't think it impresses the pollsters or the media around the country. And despite the fact we can not do better than CPJ, the extra bowl practice is, sadly, exposing our S/As to our current coaches (eventhough we can not do better) Quite a conundrum.

But I am thankful for the young men we have and their efforts, hard work and courage. They deserve nothing but praise.

So what is the point of being a fan of a team that is inherently destined to only win 7 games? I don't know what is so wrong with expecting more.

More excuses. Coaching lost us the game today.

Back