Well gentlemen...

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
has anything changed since we last gathered to watch GT football???

I have on simple answer to my own stupid question....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As bad as I hate to state this....what we are watching today is no better than what we have seen previously. Just hard to sit here and watch this mess called GT football.

And, I am sad to say, Miami is not a very good football team. Last week at this time, UNC was up 27-0.

I want to puke at all the players whining about the 12 o clock start. How stupid is that! One of the players said they are a team that wakes up at 11 am to play their games. BS, they are just making up excuses for sucking it up.

If we won some more games we wouldn't have to play at 12.

Not true. Game times are a function of conference TV schedules, the opponent and what else is available for TV packages. Bitch about losing all you want, but at least limit it to real issues why not.

As bad as I hate to state this....what we are watching today is no better than what we have seen previously. Just hard to sit here and watch this mess called GT football.

It is amazing to me that people are happy with this win.

Our passing game, bad for the last five years under Gailey, is even worse this year. After Saturday, our passing efficiency ranking fell from 102 to 113 (out of 119). The only year that our passing efficiency ranking has not been in the 90's or 100's under Gailey was last year at 82.

Why do people believe that this is acceptable?

If you want 7 wins, with little chance of beating better teams (like UGa will typically be), Gailey's conservative style is for you. I'd like to think that we have a chance against anyone. See Kentucky and South Carolina for teams with less than great talent that always have a chance to win.

I think in a stronger ACC (I think we can all agree that the ACC is down) we would be exposed. Last year the ACC was horrible and we couldn't win it. This year it is horrible and we can't even compete to win it. What happens when Miami, VT and FSU improve to their usual strengths in the next few years and we're still sitting on 7-5 seasons? We'll be irrelevant in the ACC and unranked.

For the love of God, we went to our conference champ. game last year and ended up unranked! Shows how great the conference was.

It is amazing to me that people are happy with this win.

Our passing game, bad for the last five years under Gailey, is even worse this year. After Saturday, our passing efficiency ranking fell from 102 to 113 (out of 119). The only year that our passing efficiency ranking has not been in the 90's or 100's under Gailey was last year at 82.

Why do people believe that this is acceptable?

If you want 7 wins, with little chance of beating better teams (like UGa will typically be), Gailey's conservative style is for you. I'd like to think that we have a chance against anyone. See Kentucky and South Carolina for teams with less than great talent that always have a chance to win.

Personally I don't think anyone is happy about the way we are winning but I do think most of us are happy that we got a W yesterday. Am I settling for mediocrity?

Personally I don't think anyone is happy about the way we are winning but I do think most of us are happy that we got a W yesterday. Am I settling for mediocrity?

A win is better than a loss, but winning this way is not much better than a loss. Gailey is winning just enough to keep us mired in mediocrity until he retires. It is a Hobson's choice.

Yesterday's game was very much like the Maryland game and the UVA game.

Likewise, it was very much like the Maryland game last year, the UNC game last year, the ACCCG last year, the last two NC State games, and the last three UGA games. We win some of these, and lose some of these.

Tech under Gailey has had the ability to win (and lose) any game we play.

Sadly, much like last year...

We're reduced to playing for pride and as fans we have our few bright spots to cheer on (especially TC, last year it was CJ, of course the Defense is good for big plays most games) in the midst of another CCG coached, uninspiring, underwhelming season. Even the defense seems to have lost it's swagger a bit as the weeks click by. Even though it seems during the game something clicks and the defense remembers, on yeah, we're pretty good at this.
For some reason I thought that maybe, just maybe CCG had figured out that if he'd just cut the comm.'s to the OC, that he's better off. To his own demise that is not the case.

Gotta admit all the games this year(except Samford) have been exciting to the finish. I miss our blow outs.

Don't get me wrong I was very happy with the win, but it was a typical Gailey win in every aspect. Nothing has changed and we are not improving. We are the same team we were 4 years ago.

If our defense plays really well and we hold the score down and we are able to run the ball effectively and we limit mistakes we have a shot at winning against decent to good teams. If any of the above doesn't happen the we have a very slim chance of winning against these type of teams.

You could say every team in D1-A minus Ohio State, BC and USF have the ability to lose any game they play.

No, really, Gailey teams have a much better chance of upsetting vastly superior teams than O'Leary teams did, and they likewise have a higher chance of being upset. It has to do primarily with Tenuta's gambling style of defense. Either it works great or it screws you.

Gotta admit all the games this year(except Samford) have been exciting to the finish.

I agree. Tech games are always exciting no matter who we play, because we've never got things sewn up until the clock reads 0:00. Gotta say, I'd go for a little less excitement if it meant being able to smile at some point early in the 4th.

Back