Well, I Did It Again For The Umpteenth Time

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
I turned the TV off after Tech fell behind 9-17. I came to the computer to get on the board. My wife only cares that Tech wins because I am easier to live with when they do. She cares nothing about sports.

She came in from shopping and said, "I guess you are happy since Tech is winning". She wondered why I was not watching it on TV. I told her they were losing 9-17 just a few minutes ago, and was sure they were still losing.

She turned the TV on to the game, and announced Tech was winning 24-17. I could not believe it. I watched the remainder of the game.

Now, the problem, "what happened between the period of 9-17 and 24-17?". Someone fill me in on the details.

I lost my head again!

behead.gif

thanks ahso .. for giving me a chance!

NS st led 17 - 9 after two touchdowns.
the drive that sticks out is the 8 points we got to tie the game.

touchback .. watkins took the knee in the endzone.
we come out on the 20. eventually boils down to 3rd and 14 at the tech 16.

we run the play ... and AJ gets sacked!
but wait!!!! hold everything
shot clock had expired
5 yd penalty .. 3rd and 19 .. we get another chance. and AJ runs the play .. gets popped .. but throws the deep ball .. caught! 1st down.
and then it was a perfect drive. after 2 goal line stands .. we had the audacity to go for 2 points .. but we didnt try to punch it in for once .. we threw it in .. AJ was perfect on that drive ..

tied at 17-17 we played stout D after that. they drove on us .. but mclendon vomited the ball on our 25 and we recovered the goods!

our offense series went horribly wrong. we were intercepted midfield and state got their breath back.

but our D stepped up again! and they had to punt it.

well .. later on .. they punted and Big play Rhino received the ball and ran with it like i have never seen him run .. caught it midfield and ran it all the way to their 21.

that's the offensive series when we scored again to go up. gordon clinkscale got his first touchdown of his career and he earned it. AJ handed it off .. flash looked one way .. then cut back .. ran the other .. and AJ had a hige block .. and so did a wr .. and gordon took it to tha house .. it will be up in the highlights package.

we didnt look back after that. last meaningful play was a sweet interception by Muyres again.

ahso .. kudos to tenuta ..

i know you dont like the soft coverage. but our D played stout ... we gave up two quick touchdowns .. but after that .. it was pretty darn good .. the rushing defense is awesome .. and the passing D needs improvement .. but worked well enough to hold em.

Ahso... NEVER turn off the Jackets... smile... I am just the opposite.. I will watch every minute.. .even if they are losing by 50...

Ahsoisee,

The defense played a great 4th quarter. We wern't getting the pass rush like we had earlier (really made me nervous)but the corner's played tight. MH was great!! All over his man. Several of his hits should be on the highlights reel.

Secondary and Linebackers really stepped up tonight.

Thanks for the recap. Of course, being a perfectionest, I have some things to say, but will hold them until after the FSU game. Who knows, if we win that one, I might not even say anything.

grin.gif

Is this a threat or a promise? Shame Shame on you for turning off the the GT game.

pat.gif
pat.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I turned the TV off after Tech fell behind 9-17.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I know exactly how you felt, ahso. It's not a feeling of "I give up", it's the pain of Tech losing that sends you from the radio or TV.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Thanks for the recap. Of course, being a perfectionest, I have some things to say, but will hold them until after the FSU game. Who knows, if we win that one, I might not even say anything.

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">After posting that you essentially gave up on the team and turned off the TV, why post any of your tripe about the team? For the record, Tenuta continues to have a good gameplan for the defense and we held another team to their season low for scoring output.

Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion and the coaching staff is far from perfect, but they certainly have done a very good job the last 2 weeks and have the team in position to go to a 6th straight bowl. Kudos to the players and coaches!

We'll have the whole offseason to debate coaching issues and what we would like to see improved. But surely even the most ardent critic of the coaching staff would at least have to acknowledge that we have had back to back good gameplans. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

techrod .. you're talking about Jonathon "fred" Smith on the block for Flash Gordon's cutback go ahead TD.

YUP! read about it in an article on the daily buzz on the hive. AUC article about how the players and the coaches have "bullied" J. Smith into playing better.

He said that he was not expecting Flash to cut back to his part of the field but he stayed on his feet and aware of the play and came up to make a key block.

KUDOS

Give it up for AJ for making a big block on that TD, as well. Good job all around.

In the dictionary, under the definition of fair weather fan... there is a picture of ahsoisee.

How any TRUE Jacket fan could turn off the TV or leave a game early (minus honest family committments) is beyond me?

Coldbeer, I deleted my first answer to you. I may have read too much into your post. After rereading your post, I may have been a little too harsh, so I deleted it.

That is one thing I really like about this board, we can erase some of our mistakes.

You missed the play of the season. Both of them.

Suggs "delay of game" conversion and Clinkscale's "Seneka Wallace impersonation.

Last time I turned off the television watching a Tech game was in 1998.

We were losing 38-17 in the 3rd quarter to #6 Virginia.

Final score? 41-38 TECH.

Ever since then I liken turning off the TV to walking out of a game early.

Originally posted by kirbee:
You missed the play of the season. Both of them.

Suggs "delay of game" conversion and Clinkscale's "Seneka Wallace impersonation.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ding, Ding, Ding!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winna...

Those 2 plays could end up being HUGE towards determining how this season plays out. J. Smith's catch on that 3rd and 19 was incredible.

Anybody remember the last time we converted a 3rd and a mile that turned out to have ramifications beyond the game as well?
wink.gif

That 's why we have the magic of the VCR to record the wonders of a comeback.Think of the possibilities,you can not re-play the game if we lose and can re-play in complete confidence if we do win. I did that in one UGa game.The sweetest experience you can imagine. Magic.-Enjoy

Back