Well, I slit my wrists but survived...

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
First of all, I'm gonna comment on the AJ/Bilbo thing. I really just don't think AJ will ever "get it". He's just not a good college QB and the light will never go on with him. Although I appreciate his hard work and perseverance, I think it's time for AJ to ride the bench. Bilbo, had we played him more this year, would NOT have helped us above 7-5. He might even have hurt us. You could tell today that he was lost and limited in what he could do. But with Bilbo, the upside is much more. He's young and given time and coaching, he could do alot for us. So, I hope Bilbo really gets a shot next spring. I may be wrong, but I think CG is sick of AJ. I hope Bilbo works harder this off-season and tries to become the QB that he's capable of being.

Outside of the QB situation, I see 2 keys to next season's offense...
1) Hollings really needs to be healthy and stay healthy. He's a stud and has Heisman Trophy potential. I hope that when he returns, he'll be in football shape, because with our mess at QB, we need him more than ever.

2) Our offensive philosophy needs to really be revamped. All too often, we would try to keep on flinging and ball and passing, when the run was our best weapon (even after Hollings went down). Our offensive play-callers (BOB&CG, I assume) just didn't get it this year. With bad QB play, we needed to focus on becoming more of a power team, but it just didn't materialize, even in games where we had an advantage at the line.

30 points looks bad, but our D played well today and played well most of the year. They need the offense to step up and carry their share of the load next year. The D had their backs against the wall all season and they'd crack every now and then, as expected.

I think Chan and BOB really need to get together this off-season and get on the same page. I think there's a problem there. We had alot of goofs and gaffes this year and it was ugly almost the entire year. At some point, CG has to take control of his team and get this thing going in the right direction. I'm not saying he has to fire anyone. That's his choice, IMO. But obviously our offensive coaching needs to get better.

Our O looked confused and chaotic in the last 2 games for sure. Needs work.

Back