Well... Its a Mystery.......

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Why did Notre Dame fire O'Leary for lying on a resume... When the Catholic Church did everything it could to cover for dozens (maybe even hundreds) of priests who molested children?

When did lying on a resume become a more heinous crime than molesting kids?

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Why did Notre Dame fire O'Leary for lying on a resume... When the Catholic Church did everything it could to cover for dozens (maybe even hundreds) of priests who molested children?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's a VERY good question. They can get indignant about a resume, but cover for habitual child molesters without batting an eye.

Maybe if he'd put "child molester" on his resume it never would have made the papers and he'd still be at ND.

BeeBad, you asked an honest question. I will give you an honest answer.

You have to look at the situation from the aspect of two different groups of fans. There are those at GT, probably including yourself, who thought O'Leary was the driving force of Tech's four year's of very good football.

Those who were not blinded by the facts, could easily see that Friegden was the driving force of the four year string. The Notre Dame fans were not tied to O'Leary and could see the real truth.

When O'Leary was announced as the next head coach at Notre Dame, the fans there were in an uproar. They were approaching the AD and school president to deny him the head coaching job.

The Notre Dame boards were lit up with all the fans protesting the hiring of O'Leary. They did not want him, and this was before they found out about the resume. The pressure was so great by their fans, the president and AD was overjoyed to back out of the deal.

If you will go to the web site below and look at the four years Friegden was at Tech 1997-2000, you will note there is no difference in the other years O'Leary was the coach at Tech on the defensive statistics. We just scored more points with Friegden to gain the edge.

If you are the Notre Dame fans, you are not blinded by O'Leary's record at Tech. Now that is the honest truth if you can accept it.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/acc/georgia_tech

Father Time

In keeping with Ahso's point, ND's fan base didn't want GOL and were most likely responsible for digging up the dirt on him. I hope they're happy with Tyrone. Any bets they've got 'supporters' that aren't?

In an unrelated matter, the catholic church's coverup of the sexual perversion/deviancy in their ranks is just strange. I won't go into how it makes me feel cause I'm not catholic and out of respect for the gazillion folks who are I'll let them hash that out (I'm sure it's a mortifying embarassment to decent catholics) but to me it's just plain, X-Files strange.

Probably so, ahso... Gnats, sage words on just letting this one pass without too much discussion... perplexing topic tho, and amazing it didn't get more legs in the media than it did....

Was it Oscar Wilde who said that " celibacy was the ultimate perversion?"

drinking.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BeeBad: Good observation. My opinion: THE Catholic Church operates pretty much apart from Notre Dame. As long as Nortre Dame keeps its nose clean (relatively speaking) the Pope is not troubled. The thing at N.D. was pretty much "local" (U.S. only and only a small percentage of the U.S.) though extending coast to coast. It, however, was restricted to NCAA Football and touching only the lives of Notre Dame supporters. Truth is that football is not the lifeblood flow to most of the nation that it is to most who are on this and similar boards.
Face it: We are all pretty much adequately described by the rest of the world as NUT CAKES!!
By the way,thanks for the publicity you have given to my handle: Techsamillion. And thank you for spelling it correctly. You are a good Guy, BEEBAD.
grin.gif

Back