"We'll see ya next year"

buzztheirazz

Dodd-Like
and "at least we left you your leg"

WHAT?!!!!!

quote made by a guy sitting behind me when number 83 for wake forest was limping off after being injured.

the injury initially seemed as serious as the guy that was carted off at the beginning of the game but i believe he limped off....kid was definitely hurting bad.

was supposed to be sitting in row 16 ot sec 222 and moved into some lower seats than the tix that were issued to me because a father and his kid were sitting in my "new seats" they were transfers from my season tix. long story.

so i'd guess i was in row 12 seats 11 throuugh 13 area. this guy was dippin... just tryin/hopin someone knows of this character...anyways...

...this guy was talking so much **** CONSTANTLY where i ended up having to move.

when a supposed "fan" of ours is calling someone a "pussy" and saying things as if we want to hurt people AT THE TIME AND BEFORE THEY'RE EVEN OFF THE FIELD

**** YOU!!!!!

YOU KNOW WHO I AM BECAUSE I PRETTY MUCH FLICKED YOU OFF BEFORE I LEFT.

if i was a family member of that kid who's career may be over i would have decked this mother ****er.

class. ever heard of it? obviously not.

and shut the **** up! no one wants to hear you talk to your mother ****ing self after every god damn play.

Last edited:
I have no clue what you are saying?

That being said, if it was a GT fan, talking **** about an injured player (I don't see how " we will see you next year" translates into that, but anyways) then yeah, we should be better than that. Bottom line, however, every team has bad fans, and a football game (especially one as emotional as this) tend to bring the worst out of people.

If it was a WFU fan saying some crap, I don't care. It reflects poorly on one individual, whom I probably don't care 2 hoots about.

In all the games I have been fortunate to watch live from BDS@HGF, not many fan bases encourage opposing teams' hurt players as much as we do...

"we'll see ya next year" as in i hope we injured you bad enough to where you're not playing again until next year.

i have no disagreement with hard hits where you beat a guy up(i.e. the block on the screen to bay bay where ghee was shook up) where they're shaken up and have to sit out a couple plays or you end up slowing them down a step....

but to be cheering for an 18 y/0's potential serious injury or permanent harm. NOT ****ING COOL.

"we'll see ya next year" as in i hope we injured you bad enough to where you're not playing again until next year.

Thats pretty poor by whoever said it, and if you are sure that person meant it in that way, then you did the right thing by telling them to shut up...

I hope the individual learns something about perspective from this. If you were to talk to them about it in a sober fashion (not saying that is your responsibility or anything at all) I am sure you would find they did not really take pleasure out of somebody getting injured.

To be honest, I am sure most UGAg fans also don't take pleasure out of an opponent getting injured. They mostly cheer because they think "that makes our chances of winning better" and don't think beyond that...

Thats pretty poor by whoever said it, and if you are sure that person meant it in that way, then you did the right thing by telling them to shut up...

I hope the individual learns something about perspective from this. If you were to talk to them about it in a sober fashion (not saying that is your responsibility or anything at all) I am sure you would find they did not really take pleasure out of somebody getting injured.

To be honest, I am sure most UGAg fans also don't take pleasure out of an opponent getting injured. They mostly cheer because they think "that makes our chances of winning better" and don't think beyond that...
just reached the point watching the replay--8:22 and cameron ford is injured player.

this guy was a rare case and i believe the older gentleman that was with him might have been saying something along the lines of "Come on...."

but, the fact that the guy was not drinking and was going on the same way until mid/late 2nd quarter made me feel as though this guy was like this all the time.

somewhere early in the 2nd i was considering the move but then when the player got hurt and this guy went on...i'd had enough.

also heard this gem. "josh nesbitt is THE WORST quarterback"

i wanted to say maybe "passing" quarterback... but sometimes you figure not to argue with stupid.

We want to have a good game, but certainly we don't want to see anybody hurt and if a player from the opposing team is down, we as GT fans certainly don't want to exasperate the situation and smear it in their face. That's classless.

dude, man up and give him piece of your mind at the game.

Why would he do that when he can come on a message board and man up and talk about how he almost flipped the guy off?!? Seriously, if you had such a problem with the guy, say something to him at the game and quit acting the badass on the internet by posting on a board that said guy will probably never see.

I sit in section 222, row 18. I'm not saying it was okay at all, but I can guarantee you that the man sitting in that seat was drunk off of his ass and then some. I've never heard anything like that from that section except from visiting fans, so I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

I had a moment where I wanted to kill someone. On 4th and 8 when Nesbitt fell down, a guy behind me somewhere yelled "Throw it away, you idiot!" I looked around behind me but couldn't find who said it. That **** is totally and completely unacceptable.

I'll be honest. I have A) uttered Reggie's Ball name with all manner of obscenity attached when I was in school and B) cheered and been delightfully excited when J.J. Reddick was hurt in school. I still hope that prick twists an ankle, and he doesn't even play college ball anymore. I also throw all civility out the window regarding UGA.

But I have no animosity towards Wake, and I didn't want to see a special teams kid break his leg on the first play of the game. Hope he gets better.

Allen, Allen, Allen, we should never wish for injury!

Now a well timed stomach virus, thats a different matter!
:fingersx:

My personal favorite:

"Get off the field! You're killing the grass!!"

didn't know this Jacket. I'm in 222 row 4.

someone around row 8-10 had a fairly foul mouth until enough people got onto him and he finally toned it down.

Weird. I wonder if we just got a bad batch of non-season-ticket fans this week? Typically our section is awesome.

Totally uncalled for. People like that need to be shown the door. There's especially no reason to cheer that way against Wake Forest. They're a good team and have lost some tough games this year. I was relieved to get the win, but that had to be a very tough loss for Wake. Riley Skinner's the real deal. Nice to see a kid who wasn't heavily recruited get a shot, win some games, and get recognized.

While I don't feel as though Wake was doing this yesterday, Les Miles totally changed my opinion on injured players in sports.

I have repeatedly seen LSU abuse "injury" time as a timeout or get equipment. The incident that sent me over the edge was when Glenn Dorsey went down in 2007 holding his ankle only to get a new helmet...

Anyhow this is another subject matter which I think is being seriously abused and specifically by one coach. I in no way want to see a Georgia Tech player/fan act as though an injury is a good thing.

Weird. I wonder if we just got a bad batch of non-season-ticket fans this week? Typically our section is awesome.

Our section is pretty awesome and I enjoy most everyone who sits around me. There is a bit of non-season ticket turnover from week to week, although most of the fans around me are season ticket holders. Seems to be a younger crowd too.

B) cheered and been delightfully excited when J.J. Reddick was hurt in school. I still hope that prick twists an ankle, and he doesn't even play college ball anymore.

So long as your feelings were limited to J.J., most people would feel you hadn't done anything wrong.

I won a Washington Post contest about describing the "most hated ACC player of all time." That phrase is another way of saying J.J. Reddick.

There are ACC players that I've disliked, but I've always been sad if any were injured. Sports injuries are truly tragic--no matter what team and player they happen to. With a possible JJ Reddick exception.

Why would he do that when he can come on a message board and man up and talk about how he almost flipped the guy off?!? Seriously, if you had such a problem with the guy, say something to him at the game and quit acting the badass on the internet by posting on a board that said guy will probably never see.
i did say something to him.
i said something to the effect of "dude, seriously?!"
there was plenty of room and he saw me move not too far from him so he knew how i felt about him.
and why get into it and have to sit in a bull**** tense situation?
it was a constant bitch-fest spewing from the guys mouth.
maybe he toned it down after i left.
anyways, my point was this type of behavior is unacceptable.

Back