Well, that escalated quickly.

I am amazed that Texas A&M never plays Texas or Texas Tech. The last "major" Texas school they played was SMU in 2014.

That president knows how to play the game. I get uga - with a dwag governor they're protected but I'm surprised that Kentucky and Florida aren't under political pressure to play their ACC rivals.
story I read friday is UF AD wanted to keep the FSU game.

USC president Bob Caslen ...

Met him a long while back when he was ADC-M at Fort Stewart. He could kill you just by looking at you.
Was superintendent at West Point before going to SC.
He may be the only university president who actually has killed other human beings.
Can we get him next if Cabrera doesn't work out?

what we need is a truly futile gesture on our part ...

for those on twitter, I suggest trolling Morehead (the UGA president, and yes, his last name really is More ...head) and McGarity with gifs and videos of the kick and the pick, Qua's leap and maybe PJ's epic fist pump from 08 with a little "y'all skeert?"

South Carolina doesn't want to break the streak.
. The annual Carolina-Clemson football game, (sometimes dubbed "The Battle of the Palmetto State" & unofficially called the "Palmetto Bowl" beginning in the 1950s, known officially since 2014 as the "Palmetto Bowl", from the state's nickname) is the longest uninterrupted series in the South and the second longest uninterrupted NCAA DI-A/FBS series in the country. The series dates back to 1896, and has been renewed every year since 1909. (109 consecutive games)[

I say I want to do a lot of things, but I never take any action to actually do anything, expect open another beer. These presidents all say they want to keep the OOC games, but that doesn't mean they actually voted to keep them when push came to shove.

They all want to keep them so bad and they grieve for their loss and they would do anything to just be able to play....but for....reasons completely out of their control......

In the "I'm not ruling anything out because 2020" department, there may be some slim chance scenario where we could meet up in a post-season game of some kind. It just isn't right to play a season and not play our rival.

I despise anything that moves college football away from being a regional sport with deep traditions that have nothing to do with conferences or playoffs. The other is fine, but I love the old traditions that make every program unique. The UGA-GT game is the highlight of my year as a fan, always has been, though folks like me are a dying breed. I had hoped the game would be moved to the first of the season. I understand the seriousness of the pandemic; it just won't be a reason season without a state championship game. Best of luck on the ACC season, though now I figure college football's going to be like MLB and lack the feel of the real thing.

I despise anything that moves college football away from being a regional sport with deep traditions that have nothing to do with conferences or playoffs. The other is fine, but I love the old traditions that make every program unique. The UGA-GT game is the highlight of my year as a fan, always has been, though folks like me are a dying breed. I had hoped the game would be moved to the first of the season. I understand the seriousness of the pandemic; it just won't be a reason season without a state championship game. Best of luck on the ACC season, though now I figure college football's going to be like MLB and lack the feel of the real thing.
Even playing in front of empty seats would be preferable to not playing. History will overlook the attendance but will not overlook skipping the game.

Agree completely

Back