Well... This years over

The ACCCG is completely out of the question. Mathematically it may happen but it is very very unlikely, mainly because UVA has an easy schedule this year.

But we can focus on a major bowl by winning out and we can focus on beating UGA, but I don't see that happening either.

UVA has a much, much better chance of going to the ACCCG than we do. Think about that.

BC at 3-0 in the Atlantic has been talked about as really having a leg up in that division --and rightly so. It may be time to start saying the same thing about UVA as they are now 3-0 in the Coastal. Yes they have already played UNC and Duke --but they are in the drivers seat right now.

Their next two games are @MD & @NCST --not out of the question that they can win both -- then they have WF at home. They wouldn't be hurt if they dropped one of those games because they close @ Miami and home with VT.

I would have never thought that just two games into the ACC schedule GT would be three games behind the eight ball against another team --but that's where the Jackets sit in terms of UVA.

Did you just say the ACC is a mediocre conference? It's not.

Today, we are a bottom third team in the 6th best conference in the country.

SEC>Pac 10>Big 12>Big East>Big Ten>ACC

I would most definitely bet on us beating Army and Duke. Not sure I'd bet the spread, though, hehe.

We're still fully capable of winning between 7 and 9 games this year, but none of them is going to be the ACCCG, and the Georgia game isn't looking so hot.

This is my last post on this subject. We are a very bad football team. Our so called great defense is awful. Our Defensive tackles are absolutely terrible. They can not get get any pressure on the passer nor can the stop the run. Our ends are undersized and a big offensive line shuts them down completely. I don't think I need to say anything about our secondary. Only bright spot on defense is our linebackers thats it.

On offense we are almost as bad as on defense. Our "experienced line" is undersized and can not open up any holes for our running game when the opposition loads the box. Our receivers can not seem to hold onto the ball. and last but not least Taylor Bennett. I wanted to give him some time before I passed judgment on him but now I see why Reggie Ball was the starter. Taylor plays like a guy playing QB in a neighborhood football game. He should not be starting. If Chan has anything at all in that head of his it is time to turn things over to Nesbit. We are a 6-5 football time at best so lets get our future QB some experience so he can be ready to take over the team next season. The bright spot on offense is our RB. Dwyer is a star in the making. Every time is see this kid play he impresses me more and more. I think he has a chance to be one of the best backs to ever play at Tech. I look forward to watching him develop.

Last but not least our coaching staff. Chan has got to go. We will never be more then a middle of the pack team with this guy at the helm. This program has not improved at all since the GOL days. In fact they have taken a step back. The ACC has been down the past couple of years which is the only reason we have had any success. Next can we please hire a real offensive coordinator? Bond and Nix???? can we not do any better then this? I still like JT but he just does not have the talent right now he needs to make his scheme work. We need more size on our D-line and a major upgrade in coverage corners. It would be nice if we could recruit to fill these hole instead of 5 RB and 5 QB.

Until we replace CG we will not be anything more then a middle of the pack ACC team.

I disagree with your take on this team...

Our D tackles are very good and our D ends are fast...the diff this week and last was that they kept missing tackles...coach T had them in position to make the play but they missed tackles...plain and simple...
Now calling them BAD or no good is crazy.

The O line has not played poorly.
There are a few reasons why we have not been successful on O.
Running style and secondary reads.
When attacking a team that stacks the box you must run straight at it and at full steam....we have that running style where choice or Dwyer hesitate and wait for the hole to open...that will never happen with all of the defenders in there. When we had success it was beating them to the corner or head down full steam.
The secondary gave us the intermediate to long pass all day because our QB has a difficult time making that throw and when he does make that throw the rec drops it.

Re: I disagree with your take on this team...

Our D tackles are very good and our D ends are fast...the diff this week and last was that they kept missing tackles...coach T had them in position to make the play but they missed tackles...plain and simple...
Now calling them BAD or no good is crazy.

The O line has not played poorly.
There are a few reasons why we have not been successful on O.
Running style and secondary reads.
When attacking a team that stacks the box you must run straight at it and at full steam....we have that running style where choice or Dwyer hesitate and wait for the hole to open...that will never happen with all of the defenders in there. When we had success it was beating them to the corner or head down full steam.
The secondary gave us the intermediate to long pass all day because our QB has a difficult time making that throw and when he does make that throw the rec drops it.
I disagree or defensive tackles stink. If we are so good then why did we lose to a below average football team?

Next can we please hire a real offensive coordinator? Bond and Nix???? can we not do any better then this?

In Bond's defense, I'm not sure how much more of a "real" offensive coordinator we can find. Tech is less than a lateral move for the names that probably first pop into your mind for a real offensive coordinator.

There's also the elephant in the room that nobody is talking about: losing Calvin. People are simply putting a HUGE drop in WR talent from last year all on the shoulders of TB. You don't just recover from losing a unanimous ACC player of the year and unanimous all-American.

I'm not giving coaching a complete pass either, but even if we executed perfectly we only would have won by 7-14 points. We just aren't that talented and I guess those bad recrootin rankings are just finally catching us in the ass.

UVA will lose 3 more. Mary, Miami, VT will not hand it to them like we did. The real kicker is .. If or when these teams get behind they have the offense to GET BACK INTO IT.

How bad would the conference look if UVA somehow made it to the championship game and then possibly the Orange Bowl?

Just be thankful GT didn't schedule Wyoming this year. :bowdown:

How bad would the conference look if UVA somehow made it to the championship game and then possibly the Orange Bowl?

Just be thankful GT didn't schedule Wyoming this year. :bowdown:
No worse than we looked last year with Wake in it.

Better, really. I mean, come on...have you ever taken a step back and thought "Wake Forest won our football conference title in 2007?" That sounds so bad.

No. It is only Sept 23rd. The Summer is officially over, but we have a full Fall to go through before the year of 2007 nears its close.

The 2007 race for the Coastal Division is all but mathematically over for GT. However, in addition to personal pride, we still have some things for which to play. (Think, To Hell With Georgia!)

The attitude after the loss to BC was troubling when many players and fans predicted us to be back in Jacksonville in December despite starting 0 - 1 in the ACC. After BC, we had a rough, uphill road with no room for mistakes, and plenty of mistakes were made in falling yet again in Charlottesville.

We now have to pick up the pieces and make the best of the season by coming out and playing smart, hard-nosed football to leave it all on the field and continue to improve each week.

The task will not be easy, but the program needs to step up and get back on track.

I hate to wade in, but we are only three behind UVA in a head to head matchup. For that to actually matter, both Miami and VT would have to lose three in conference.

That will not happen.

IF we win out, we will not be behind UVA. We may be in a three way tiebreaker, but we would likely have the edge with our other loss being on the other side.

However after Clemson spanks us this week the point will be moot.

IF we win out

<sigh> ... why even fire a synapse thinking about this ... we are awful in every aspect ... we are also broke as an AD so buying Chan out ain't going to happen ... Here's hoping some NFL team gets desperate !

Chan's modus operandi is that he puts together a make-believe staff and just somehow expects it to work all the while picking up millions $ along the way.

Thanks, coach.

Georgia Tech, as one of the top academic schools in the land, was familiar with incompetence as a lack of principle before you came along to DEFINE IT for us! We really didn't need that.

Send Chan back to the corrupt NFL where he belongs.

Back