Well, wasn't disappointed w/recruiting

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, wasn\'t disappointed w/recruiting

but wasn't elated with it either. Actually, with what Coach G has shown with the 3 previous classes he's recruited, it's about what I thought would happen. This staff doesn't blow socks off with recruiting, but they don't lose them all. Imo, we're just a tad too lackadasical about the recruiting process. The staff did get some players who'll be fine.
Truthfully, this class is better than advertised &/or ranked.
1) Jon Garner-Zook wanted him to run the Florida offense. That's good enough for me. About as good of a QB prospect as GT's gonna get!
2) Martin Frierson-Willingham committed to him to be a WR for Notre Dame. Gotta figure Willingham knows WRs. Should be fine for GT.
3) Trey Dunmon-Cutcliff committed to him to play the line in the SEC. Should be a fine ACC OL, too. Gotta give this guy a shot.
4) Tony Barnes-Could've went to LSU/FSU. They know football players. As good of a S/OLB prospect as Tech's gonna get!
5) Taa Tucker-Offered by Ohio St/SCar. Reminds me of Daryl Smith. About as good of a MLB prospect as the Jackets can get at any time!
6) Cord Howard-Petrino knows offense & committed to Cord. Should be a fine OL here.
7) Mike Johnson-zoomed up everyone's recruiting charts with an outstanding Sr season. Tiller's offensive mind offered him to come to Purdue. About as good of a TE as GT's gonna get!
8) Colin Peek-Alabama wanted him badly. So did GT. Has RT written all over him,imo. About as good of a TE recruit as Coach G's gonna get!
9) Matt Braman-Lubick wanted him to be a part of the Colo St defense. Also Kan St, Colo, Ore. I sure trust Lubick's D knowledge. As good of a MLB/DE recruit as the YJ's can find!
10) Tony Clark-A real nice prospect to play DB. Top 50 in Ga. Gotta give this player a shot.
11) Jahi W-D--Easily among the 20 best players in Ala. Should have no problem being an ACC cover corner.
12) Greg Smith-Offered by Clem/NCar. Definite 1a prospect. Should be a fine WR for Tech.
13) Jason Hill-Bunting committed to Hill. Definite ACC OL prospect. Will grow a lot.
14) Brad Sellers-a definite 1a prospect from Tex. Could develope.
15) Vance Walker-Fall back offer from VT, but Beamer only offers good D players, even in a fallback position. Could be a very big surprise.
16) Dan Voss-Offered by Syr/WVa, so he's no slouch. A little seasoning & he could really contribute.
17) Randy Cox-Louis/NCar offers so he's a definite possibility.
18) Will Miller-Committed to Ala-Bir, but now has a chance to play ACC ball. We'll see.
19) Jake Blackwood-Hmmmmm

Back