Well, Well, Well...........

refrigeratormover

Dodd-Like
What a beautiful sight yesterday at BDS@HGF. Warmed my heart to see all the fans and their voices for the YJ's.

Great game plan on both sides of the ball and execution looked superb. This stadium and the fans have come a long way since 1986 and I for one appreciate that very much. The many fans I spoke with are very much on CCG's side and all hope he is given a fair shot to lead the YJ's.

Won't comment on the game much but was pleased overall, hopefully these kids enjoyed as much as I did but starting today puts it behind them as I have. It's one step in the ladder of success and they need to concentrate on the next step which is F$U. The Auburn fans I spoke with was impressed with Tech and the facilities and wished us well the rest of the year. They however would like to help move Tubby out as fast as they can.

Wins like this one are great for everyone and it's just a great building block for the future. Remember though it is one game and my advice is to put it behind you and remember what it took to beat Auburn and focus for this week should be better than ever.

Congrats to Chan and the coaches and most important to the fans who whole heartedly support the program.

Thanks J.D. for your observation and wisdom contained in the above post.
Thank you even more, as a former player, for standing behind Coach Gailey when some were putting out the word about other former players grumbling and complaining. The right thing to do is often not the easiest or most comfortable thing to do.
There still are some rough days ahead; I only hope we steadily improve and that our season will be surprising to those who wrote us off earlier.

John..Your a class act from one of the best Cities in the world Elijay...I have deep ties to Blue Ridge..Your sister city...

I feel the same way: that MOST GT fans support Coach Gailey and will give him the usual 4 to 5 years to build us a Winner..Most knowledgble Football people as yourself KNOW that he certainley has it in him....and that he has been hit with a TON of bad things ..Flunkgate exct. that was out of his control....

Excellent post John... and I agree with those you spoke with yesterday... given time.. Gailey is going to serve Tech very very well.. yesterday was big for the team.. we still have a long way to go.. but I really like the foundation being established..

JD..........good post as usual, but as a close friend you can kiss my arse!!!!

Thought I would beat ya to that statement this afternoon.

GO JACKETS!!!!!!

As Always....TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!

Great Post Big J.D.
Oh, and by the way, right on up above your home, at Cherry Log is one of my favorite places for great BBQ. Won't call the name here, but it's on the old road and has something to do with "pink". Anymore hidden treasures in the area?

Have eaten there many times as food is always good. I grew up in the restaurant business butthe folks up there do it great. A hidden treasure is Penland's Apple House on 515 by Panorama Apple House. You didn't here it from me but Lee and his family grows their own apples and peaches unlike the person next door. Stop in and say hello, hell he might even have some apple juice (medicinally speaking if you know what I mean).

Thanks John!

Was ONE HECK of a win yesterday! Time now to build on the win and focus on FSU.

As outstanding as we played yesterday, I feel we can play better.

GO JACKETS!! BEAT FSU!!!

Have eaten there many times as food is always good. I grew up in the restaurant business butthe folks up there do it great. A hidden treasure is Penland's Apple House on 515 by Panorama Apple House. You didn't here it from me but Lee and his family grows their own apples and peaches unlike the person next door. Stop in and say hello, hell he might even have some apple juice (medicinally speaking if you know what I mean).

RomeGaJacket....

Try the Fannin Inn around 5 miles or so Just above Cherry Log on the right just inside Fannin County..Has the best trout..in the world....
Pink Pig is the BBQ place your talking about...

That area is Golden......

Thanks BlackWatch,
With a name like yours, it drums up memories of the Bill Curry days at GT. Would there be a tie by any chance.
Yes, the Pink Pig is what I was referring to, but I didn't know we could give names here. LOL.
Will try Fannin Inn next time up. Since we are covering the good eating places, when in Helen, try the Mountain Valley Rest. Their chicken liver plate has about a bucket of chicken livers on it and they have always been top quality. Of course, I realize many people don't eat liver of any kind and to me that is a shame. I just love good food and good places to eat. A group from our church with my wife and I, are members of a newly found club called the "Liver&Onions" club. Don't take much to get us together. Met Friday night over a table of Liver & Onions, mashed potatos, peas, biscuits & gravy good enough to slap your granny for, and Apple cobbler. LOL. If you come across any more gems of places to eat, let me know.
Have a nice day now

If your ever in Clayton try "Oinkers" good BBQ!
smile.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Romegajacket, I might as well hit another religious group at this time. If your church group eats liver and onions, I probably could not be a member there.

grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahsoisee, The Liver & Onions club is just a group of about 9 or so members that share an interest in liver. As far as the religion standpoint, never even considered that. Not familiar w/what you are referring to. We are just a bunch of Baptist that love getting together and eating. BUT, as far as the religion part goes, all I can say is, if God made it food, I made it supper.

RomeJacket is there still a BBQ place right off 5th Ave just up from Baron Stadium? I grew up in Rome and ate there with my father. He explained to me that I could always tell the best BBQ or other eating places by the number of cotton balls stuck in the screen door. This place had them front and back. Oh and by the way, that was a beautiful afternoon Sat wasn't it! Every game is a practice game 'till 11/29 and payback.

Originally posted by bookergt:
RomeJacket is there still a BBQ place right off 5th Ave just up from Baron Stadium? I grew up in Rome and ate there with my father. He explained to me that I could always tell the best BBQ or other eating places by the number of cotton balls stuck in the screen door. This place had them front and back. Oh and by the way, that was a beautiful afternoon Sat wasn't it! Every game is a practice game 'till 11/29 and payback.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Talk about your blast from the past:
BookerGT, the place you are referring to is no longer in business. Been gone for a long time. Used to belong to our next door neighbor when I was a kid. "Worsham's BBQ" and he did have some of the BEST BBQ ever. You drummed up some old memories with the cotton balls in the screen business. Bout forgot all about them. LOL. I don't know of a really good killer BBQ house in Rome anymore. We have some, but to my knowledge none of them are granny slappers.
When I say I was a kid then, I'm going back to the late '40s. Mr. Worsham died during that time and the business changed rapidly. Another funny memory that you brought to me was, Mrs. Worsham who just recently passed away last year, would disassemble the stove and wash it every day. To this day, I have never known of anyone who would take the stove apart and wash it every day, but she did.
Thanks for the memory jogging.
And, YES, Sat was a beautiful day and I eagerly await Nov. I have one son who graduated from UGA who has enjoyed rubbing it in here of late. Maybe that will change soon.

Romegajacket, I might as well hit another religious group at this time. If your church group eats liver and onions, I probably could not be a member there.

grin.gif

When my folks ran their restaurant in Ellijay one of the biggest sellers was chicken livers on Friday night. I hated them then but can take them in small doses now. I hated in HS having to go over to the chicken plant and pick them up but back then you could eat chicken livers,potato and all you could eat salad bar for 4.95 you can't beat those prices.

Did you ever work in that restaurant? Was wondering if that is why you are soooooooo big!!! LOL

As Always....TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!

Back