Well....

Personally I think the staff overreacted after the GA Southern game and then that overreaction was validated by the VPI and Miami games.

I think it's very encouraging to see adjustments mid season that appear to have given our D renewed confidence.

The defense will be very important next year when we break in new starters players at basically every skill position besides QB.

Having Snoddy look like a football player is also very encouraging.

Personally I think the staff overreacted after the GA Southern game and then that overreaction was validated by the VPI and Miami games.

I think it's very encouraging to see adjustments mid season that appear to have given our D renewed confidence.

The defense will be very important next year when we break in new starters players at basically every skill position besides QB.

Having Snoddy look like a football player is also very encouraging.

The thought of a competent Snoddy in the same backfield as JT has me excited for next season's offense.

I think Roof will be looked upon favorably when it's all said and done. We use "dumpster fire" a lot, but that's really what he came into when he took over this D. He did a better job than I expected last year, and while we've had some really rough spots this year, the D has been playing a lot better the second half of the season.

I still have faith that he's going to work out for us.

I think Roof will be looked upon favorably when it's all said and done. We use "dumpster fire" a lot, but that's really what he came into when he took over this D. He did a better job than I expected last year, and while we've had some really rough spots this year, the D has been playing a lot better the second half of the season.

I still have faith that he's going to work out for us.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, Xs and Os are not the defensive problems, otherwise it'd be an easy fix.

Yes. That is the reason they are put on defense in high school. They can't learn the plays.

Good lord I hope you are kidding. Playing defense is tough. You don't just go out and run around.

Yes. That is the reason they are put on defense in high school. They can't learn the plays.

Hahaha please be joking.
It takes as much or more brain power to get out there and read and react to backs, or even just to human movement when making a tackle or figuring out the best angle, as it does to say "Go and do this. Now go and do this."

The OLIne is the highest performing position in the Wunderlic test in the NFL. And that's been the case for a long time. Followed by QBs.

Back