We're at the crossroads of the Paul Johnson era

look at my avatar for photographic evidence

*picture provided courtesy of Andrew

It seems like BEST Player on GT is always the back up to back up QB :rotfl:

You must not have gone to the same scrimmages I saw. I saw Vad throwing pics, dropping snaps, and having major problems running the offense consistently. You know, typical freshman stuff. If I recall correctly, Vad's unit scored 1 TD in 2 scrimmages. Against our 2s.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Vad won't be good - but it will be 2 years from now until he is. All of you idiots saying Vad this, Vad that - we'd be lucky to be 4-4 if Vad had started all year.

The season isn't over. We're 6-2. Still got a lot to play for. Yes, the last two games were disheartening BUT let's not hate our team like the OP does. I'm not going to turn on our QB after he wins 75% of his games to start the year. I'm not going to turn on our coach when we've got only two losses. That's what mutts do.

I never said Vad should play this year, I simply said he had more promise than the rest. I saw him make enough good plays for that to be true. He made too many mistakes which true freshmen do, this will be ironed out in the spring when he garners more than a third of the snaps. Unless he transfers, Vad will start Game 1 next year, bank on it!

That gamble will lose us a few games this year, but could pay off in spades in the long run. Everyone just needs to calm down. This is an extremely young team and I have confidence that CPJ will address the issues.

We're talking about a man who fired his DC after winning a ACC Championship.

Chill out, it will be ok. We still have 4 games left and they haven't been played yet.

TW is a good backup, if he was more he would have been starting in place of Nesbitt. Right now, he's the best option because of experience and maybe the belief that SD can't hold on the the ball.

We have no idea what Vad will become, we haven't seen him play a down of college ball yet. But CPJ saw enough there to want to redshirt him.

Over then next few games I think we may see more of Days. You know what you have with TW, might be time to see more of what SD can do.

TW is a good backup, if he was more he would have been starting in place of Nesbitt. Right now, he's the best option because of experience and maybe the belief that SD can't hold on the the ball.

We have no idea what Vad will become, we haven't seen him play a down of college ball yet. But CPJ saw enough there to want to redshirt him.

Over then next few games I think we may see more of Days. You know what you have with TW, might be time to see more of what SD can do.

Because a RS-FR should always start over a Senior?

I never said Vad should play this year, I simply said he had more promise than the rest. I saw him make enough good plays for that to be true. He made too many mistakes which true freshmen do, this will be ironed out in the spring when he garners more than a third of the snaps. Unless he transfers, Vad will start Game 1 next year, bank on it!

Fair enough, I took it as you were implying he should play now because he shows more promise.

Next year will be interesting. I have a feeling Vad jumps Days for second in the pecking order and gets a chance early on, but I feel TW will eventually turn the corner.

Back