We're going to Charlotte!

eneq

Junior Varsity Lurker
So, I think I am going to go ahead and buy tickets for the ACCCG this year. I figure I can buy them now for cheaper and if we don't make it, I can just sell them for hopefully more. Can anyone recommend where to sit? How high is the upper deck compared to BDS?

So, I think I am going to go ahead and buy tickets for the ACCCG this year. I figure I can buy them now for cheaper and if we don't make it, I can just sell them for hopefully more. Can anyone recommend where to sit? How high is the upper deck compared to BDS?

The cheapest way to get tickets is to wait for VPISU to lose a game or two (especially to Tech). Their fans will start dumping the tickets on stubhub (they buy them every pre-season).

Student tickets were $25 for 2009, so I'll wait until then (if we go)

Yeah they were fairly good Seats too. I got mine for 50 though cause I waited until the last minute. Driving back from that game with a bunch of clemson people was fun though. I got to point out anything dealing with oranges.

i dont really see how you can resell them-its not like they sell out

If we are fortunate enough to make it, I think tix will be easily attainable. Clemson representing the Atlantic could make ticket getting a little harder due to their relative location, but there is a lot of football between now and then. I would actually be more concerned about getting a hotel room within walking distance than finding good, affordable seats.

edit: Don't forget the game is at night in December. Weather, Xmas parties and Xmas $$ constraints usually keep the average fan away from the ACCCG. The reason the SEC sells out is because:

1) Its usually Top 10 teams.
2) Its inside.
3) Less than 6 hour drive for both teams.
4) Atlanta has an abundance of affordable hotels within 20 minute drive of the dome.
5) Lots to do in host city (ATL) regardless of weather.

If the ACCCG had these 5 things it would sell out every year also.

If I went, it would probably be a drive up, game, drive back type of thing

Charlotte will be close to a sellout if any combination of the following teams make it:

GT, Clemson, VPI, FSU.

and there will still be some low levels...have you seen the acc championship crowds?? it's a joke

Jesus T******-ing.....

It's the ACCCG! Buy a good seat from a scalper or Stubhub, and quit being a cheap f***-ing bastage.

and there will still be some low levels...have you seen the acc championship crowds?? it's a joke

It all depends on the teams involved and their records.

Hypothetically a 8-4 GT and a 8-4 Clemson would draw little interest outside the hardcore fanbases. However, if each team is 11-1 and ranked in the 5-10 range, you would have a lot of interest.

Hypothetically a 8-4 GT and a 8-4 Clemson would draw little interest outside the hardcore fanbases. However, if each team is 11-1 and ranked in the 5-10 range, you would have a lot of interest.

What about 12-0 GT vs. 11-1 Clemson, both in the Top 10, GT in the Top 3?

I see your point-- Va Tech and FSU did hit about 70,000 in Charlotte....however...our fan base really hasn't shown that they can travel in numbers like FSU, Vt, or Clemson......

GT in the Top 3?

that means 3 teams in the top 5 will have to lose a game...I dont see that happening...

Oklahoma, Boise won't.....and if OK does it will be to Ok State who won't lose to anyone else.

If we are fortunate enough to make it, I think tix will be easily attainable. Clemson representing the Atlantic could make ticket getting a little harder due to their relative location, but there is a lot of football between now and then. I would actually be more concerned about getting a hotel room within walking distance than finding good, affordable seats.

edit: Don't forget the game is at night in December. Weather, Xmas parties and Xmas $$ constraints usually keep the average fan away from the ACCCG. The reason the SEC sells out is because:

1) Its usually Top 10 teams.
2) Its inside.
3) Less than 6 hour drive for both teams.
4) Atlanta has an abundance of affordable hotels within 20 minute drive of the dome.
5) Lots to do in host city (ATL) regardless of weather.

If the ACCCG had these 5 things it would sell out every year also.

6) generally the SEC schools in the game have enormous fanbases.

that means 3 teams in the top 5 will have to lose a game...I dont see that happening...

Oklahoma, Boise won't.....and if OK does it will be to Ok State who won't lose to anyone else.

Could you imagine the outrage of an undefeated AQ team that has beat a (potentially) Top 10 Clemson team twice, a ranked VPISU, a ranked UNC, and Georgie but still doesn't make the MNC?

Hell, I might go buy a pitchfork.

Back