We're going to Charlotte!

7.) they would sell out if the game was in ORegon

SEC fans wouldn't travel to Oregon. Their pick up trucks get like 15 MPG and the average fan only makes $9 per hour at Walmart. They'd run out of beer and gas money somewhere around Kansas.

I remember when Tenn played Cal a few years ago......they showed the TENN RV area.....absolutely packed.....crowds of orange--amazing...

I also, did not think they'd drive that far.

I remember when Tenn played Cal a few years ago......they showed the TENN RV area.....absolutely packed.....crowds of orange--amazing...

I also, did not think they'd drive that far.

Good point. I forgot that 78% of all SEC fans can drive their home to the next game.

that means 3 teams in the top 5 will have to lose a game...I dont see that happening...

Oklahoma, Boise won't.....and if OK does it will be to Ok State who won't lose to anyone else.

A 12-0 GT will be ranked higher than a 12-0 Boise. Boise's one major win at the end of the regular season will be against UGA...if we're undefeated we will have beaten UGA as well, in addition to wins over Clemson and VT.

I see your point-- Va Tech and FSU did hit about 70,000 in Charlotte....however...our fan base really hasn't shown that they can travel in numbers like FSU, Vt, or Clemson......

You guys are a bunch of pussies. Read my sig below.

A 12-0 GT will be ranked higher than a 12-0 Boise. Boise's one major win at the end of the regular season will be against UGA...if we're undefeated we will have beaten UGA as well, in addition to wins over Clemson and VT.
This. Quite true. And we'd have have the ACC CG to further set ourselves apart.

But...But.... they were ranked higher in the pre-season.

and there will still be some low levels...have you seen the acc championship crowds?? it's a joke

Yeah, I saw the only crowd in Charlotte and it was a sellout. And Charlotte will continue to be sellouts unless it's BC vs. Miami. You're kidding yourself if you don't think GT vs. anyone but BC sells out in Charlotte.

GT vs. Clemson in Charlotte would have been nuts. Instead it was in Tampa and half full.

Let's say the ACC adds ND and PSU and plays in a North/South division format. Where's the championship game? DC?

ehhh...I wouldnt like North.South.....We'd hardly ever go to Happy Valley.....

So, I think I am going to go ahead and buy tickets for the ACCCG this year. I figure I can buy them now for cheaper and if we don't make it, I can just sell them for hopefully more. Can anyone recommend where to sit? How high is the upper deck compared to BDS?

Heck, I've already renewed my orange bowl tickets. Biggest concern I have is what if Tech goes 12-0 and goes to BCSNCG @ Sugar Bowl.:biggrin:

This is also referred to as a "good problem" to have.

Odds are ACCCG will have bigger crowds in Charlotte than in Jacksonville or Tampa, but as previous poster said, if we beat VT, a lot of tickets will come on market at Stub Hub. It's a risk, but you should be able to get most of your money back if you time it right and buy good (club) tickets.

^ Someone is drinking the kool-aid, while I think GT will do well this year, to speak of 12-0 is premature. Its a long season, and we still have plenty of work to do.

^Tech's 4-0. Start enjoying it now.

If by Kool Aid, you mean Margaritas on the rocks, no salt, at Schooners. Guilty as charged.

Coach Johnson has got them playing some good ball. Buckle up for a hell of a ride.

Damn, I'm no longer a Varsity Lurker. I love lurking at the varsity.

There's a pretty good number of GT alums in/around Charlotte. We would have plenty of fans there if we're lucky enough to make it.

Back