We're just a fragile team

Nawaab

Dodd-Like
There's no point in blaming Attaouchu for losing this game. If he doesn't lose his mind and make that punch, then we probably would have won the game. But that punch is just a coverup for our real problem... we're always one play away from being awesome to awful, and awful to awesome. There just isn't the mental toughness in this team to survive the highs and lows of these kinds of games. What the 2009 team was, this team isn't.

That's an apt description of our team, and not uncharacteristic of such a young team (especially one so young in the trenches). Fortunately they're still much more resilient than us fat old men who live and die vicariously through them and will bounce back more easily.

They are not the 2009 team, but despite the youth they aren't as fragile as the 2010 team.

There's no point in blaming Attaouchu for losing this game. If he doesn't lose his mind and make that punch, then we probably would have won the game.

These two sentences seem to contradict each other.

There's no point in blaming Attaouchu for losing this game. If he doesn't lose his mind and make that punch, then we probably would have won the game

tumblr_lk8busVFEh1qh2runo1_500.jpg

shortest Nawaab post ever.. still TL;DR

I would feel much better about the future if our early graduates somehow more frequently found a home in gradschool.

a young team ran into a perennial champion and played like it. Too many trying to make the heroic play instead of just making the play.

We gotta walk before we can run. Gotta learn from different situations and learn situational awareness, whether in the game or the game itself. I think the team learned a huge lesson from last night and I look forward to the improvement the team will make between now and through next season b/c of last night. I really excited about what we have going on.

Back