We're not ready

johncu

Dodd-Like
I'm going to self-ban after this post, but I just wanted to get one thought off my shoulders first.

I'm not even super pissed that we lost, because Miami is just a better team than us this year. Part of getting "out executed" is just playing someone who is just better than you. Unfortunately that doesn't make it hurt less.

This team is just not nearly as good as I thought they were. The OL was overrated, the WRs can't catch consistently, the RBs are decent but not playmakers, and the QBs aren't ready for the limelight, much less able to compensate for others' flaws. I'm not even gonna mention the defense, because we know what we've got there.

I know this thread and every other one is going to get slammed with a barrage of posts crowing about how PJ's offense doesn't work, which I still think is absurd. It's just a formation and there's no öööö blueprint to stop it, just like any other offense. It is very much capable of producing big plays, it just requires big play makers, just like any other offense.

However, I am no longer completely confident that PJ himself is going to get it done at Georgia Tech. I'm still a supporter, but at this point I think he has through the end of next season to prove that there is at least an upward trend in recruiting and on field performance. I think he does it, but I'm just not as confident at I used to be.

Back