"We're not very healthy"

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Johnson said when asked about the health of the team that it was "Not good", and said "we're not very healthy".

Maybe TaQuon or Braun is out? TaQuon got dinged during the Louisville game but they thought at the time it wasn't serious. I don't remember other injuries.

I think TQM is playing with an ankle injury. And he probably tweaked it again last week.

How do you figure that? We have only seen a few pass plays from Oliver. He is a great athlete, but I worry he'd be like a baseball pitcher who can only throw a fastball.

I think we beat Duke with Oliver in the same way we beat VT in 2016 (they practiced for QB1 and got QB2). I think Oliver will look good enough that he gets the next start. Count me as one of the very few not convinced by the last two games that TaQuon is any better than the previous 15.

Count me as one of the very few not convinced by the last two games that TaQuon is any better than the previous 15.

I don't think we've seen enough to be "convinced" but we certainly ran more plays that he had to read that we have all season. That could be because L'ville's defense sucked, or it could be because CPJ has been more hands on with the QB these past few weeks.

I suspect we will know more after Saturday.

It's mid-October. No team is very healthy right now.
Only Duke and UNC normally get favorable scheduling before playing GT so they can get healthy.

And, of course, the Gaggers to our east have that juggernaut UMass the week before playing us.

Duke's got more injuries than we do.

http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/

Duke
Date Pos Player Injury Status
10/10/18 DT Edgar Cerenord Undisclosed is upgraded to probable Saturday vs Georgia Tech
10/10/18 S Michael Carter II Undisclosed is upgraded to probable Saturday vs Georgia Tech
10/07/18 WR Aaron Young Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs Georgia Tech
10/07/18 DE Drew Jordan Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs Georgia Tech
10/07/18 S Jordan Hayes Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs Georgia Tech
10/07/18 RB Marvin Hubbard III ACL is out for season
10/07/18 RB Mataeo Durant Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs Georgia Tech
10/07/18 C Zach Harmon Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs Georgia Tech
09/09/18 CB Mark Gilbert Hip is out for season
--------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech
10/07/18 DB Jaytlin Askew Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs Duke
09/11/18 RB KirVonte Benson Knee is out for season
08/16/18 QB Lucas Johnson Leg is out indefinitely
08/10/18 WR Adonicas Sanders Collarbone is out indefinitely

Duke
10/10/18 DT Edgar Cerenord Undisclosed is upgraded to probable Saturday vs Georgia Tech
10/10/18 S Michael Carter II Undisclosed is upgraded to probable Saturday vs Georgia Tech
--------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech
10/07/18 DB Jaytlin Askew Undisclosed is "?" Saturday vs Duke
09/11/18 RB KirVonte Benson Knee is out for season
08/16/18 QB Lucas Johnson Leg is out indefinitely
08/10/18 WR Adonicas Sanders Collarbone is out indefinitely

Just saw where Taquon stated in an article that he was the healthiest he's been all year. I think it was in the AJC so it has to be true.

Duke

It must be that gimmick offense that Cutcliffe won't change.

Only Duke and UNC normally get favorable scheduling before playing GT so they can get healthy.

And, of course, the Gaggers to our east have that juggernaut UMass the week before playing us.

UMass is still capable of injuring a few key starters.

Johnson said when asked about the health of the team that it was "Not good", and said "we're not very healthy".

Maybe TaQuon or Braun is out? TaQuon got dinged during the Louisville game but they thought at the time it wasn't serious. I don't remember other injuries.
That was in a response to a KQ question, I think. You've always got to take CPJ's response to KQ's questions with a grain of salt. Half the time he's just trying to annoy KQ, and he ladles on the sarcasm pretty thick whenever he thinks KQ is asking a question he already knows the answer to.

upload_2018-10-11_10-43-38.jpeg

Any of Duke's recent injuries key players?

Back