We're number 1

It's a shame that game wasn't played against a real football team.

Who gives a %$#@. Games are played all the time against cupcakes yet 99.9% of the time teams don't sniff 100 points, much less 200+. That they had to shorten the game to 10 minutes a quarter in the 3rd and 4th is that much better.

The incredible part isn't that we beat awful competition 222-0, it's that we beat anyone 222-0. Literally the most lopsided competition in the history of college athletics. Again, it doesn't matter that it wasn't against anyone of note; you would expect the biggest blowout in the history of sports to be against a nobody. It's just awesome that we were the team that crushed the nobody.

Who gives a %$#@. Games are played all the time against cupcakes yet 99.9% of the time teams don't sniff 100 points, much less 200+. That they had to shorten the game to 10 minutes a quarter in the 3rd and 4th is that much better.

The incredible part isn't that we beat awful competition 222-0, it's that we beat anyone 222-0. Literally the most lopsided competition in the history of college athletics. Again, it doesn't matter that it wasn't against anyone of note; you would expect the biggest blowout in the history of sports to be against a nobody. It's just awesome that we were the team that crushed the nobody.

Reminds me of people criticizing our record setting day against Kansas because it was Kansas. Well no öööö it was against a bad team. The fact is good/mediocre teams play terrible teams every year and don't break rushing records.

Reminds me of people criticizing our record setting day against Kansas because it was Kansas. Well no öööö it was against a bad team. The fact is good/mediocre teams play terrible teams every year and don't break rushing records.

Would've been a lot more impressive of it had been Alabama, or FSU, or FSU AND Alabama! Just sayin'.

Would've been a lot more impressive of it had been Alabama, or FSU, or FSU AND Alabama! Just sayin'.

While true, not realistic.

Bama's worst loss ever was 78-0 to Vandy in 1906. I can't find FSU's online, but I sincerely doubt it was much worse than that, if at all.

The simple logic is, OF COURSE, the biggest blowout in the history of sports is going to be against a crap team. The best teams generally don't lose, and when they do it's not by that much.

Hell, there have been only 16 games all time where one team scored 150+ points. Those games were against Cumberland, Lenoir, Oklahoma City, Kingfisher (twice), River Rouge, Camp Harry Jones, Central Normal, Indiana State, Exeter, Oklahoma Baptist (twice), Northeast Oklahoma, Findlay, Kirksville Osteopaths, and Southwest Missouri State. None of those games were after 1925.

In fact, only twice since the 1960s have teams scored more than 100. One was Rockford v. Trinity Bible in 2003, the other was Portland State v. Delaware State in 1980.

In terms of real opponents:

Oklahoma beat Arkansas 103-0 in 1918;

Colorado School of Mines beat Colorado 103-0 in 1890;

Georgia Tech beat Furman 118-0 in 1918 (ok that's not a real opponent but I wanted to put that one down);

Michigan beat Iowa 107-0 in 1902;

Murray State beat Louisville 105-0 in 1933;

Michigan beat Michigan State 119-0 in 1902;

New Mexico State beat New Mexico 110-3 in 1917;

We beat NC State 128-0 in 1918;

Lehigh beat Penn State 106-0 in 1889;

Rice beat SMU 146-3 in 1916;

Whittier beat UCLA 103-0 in 1920;

Princeton beat Virginia 115-0 in 1890;

Michigan beat West Virginia 130-0 in 1904.

In another metric, we are #2 in terms of the most 100 point games of all time (5, behind only Oklahoma with 8).

It's a shame that game wasn't played against a real football team.

you are such a dick, i guess at this point it is clear that you like being a dick. you must be gay and being a huge dick is the only way you will ever have one or get one in your house

loser

Oh lord, they're forming a unit.

images

Raise your hand if you're happy Nashville Jacket got banned.:biggthumpup:

Betting we can get 100 by game time. We're up to one!

I can't remember the last time that guy made a post that wasn't "Tech sucks. blah blah...."

In other news. Can we drop 222 on Georgie this year?

you are such a dick, i guess at this point it is clear that you like being a dick. you must be gay and being a huge dick is the only way you will ever have one or get one in your house

loser

lol at BuzzCzar calling someone a dick.

Bring on the öööö talking.

Bama's worst loss ever was 78-0 to Vandy in 1906. I can't find FSU's online, but I sincerely doubt it was much worse than that, if at all.
The most points F$U has ever allowed was 59 by Auburn (59-27) in '85. Their greatest margin of defeat was 49 by Florida (49-0) in '73.

Back