We're Off the Radar

Clemson and FSU are the only ACC schools on the radar.

Lol at sports writers thinking this is just going to boil down to the same BCS-era favorites.

Lol at sports writers thinking this is just going to boil down to the same BCS-era favorites.

Isn't that exactly what happened when TCU won 55-3 in the final week and yet got bumped down for Ohio State to get in over them? Make no mistake - all other things being remotely close to equal, the committee will pick teams that generate revenue.

Isn't that exactly what happened when TCU won 55-3 in the final week and yet got bumped down for Ohio State to get in over them?

Hey. A team in the final 4 won the national championship game. That proves they had the right 4.

Hey. A team in the final 4 won the national championship game. That proves they had the right 4.

Does it? It just proves OSU was the best of those 4. Doesn't prove TCU wouldn't have won it all if given their shot, and it doesn't mean TCU deserved to get in less than OSU based on their body of work at the time. If anything, TCU's crushing bowl performance adds to the problem. If their stadium was twice as large as it is like OSU's, do you really think they would have slid from #3 to #6 after winning by over 7 touchdowns?

Does it? It just proves OSU was the best of those 4. Doesn't prove TCU wouldn't have won it all if given their shot, and it doesn't mean TCU deserved to get in less than OSU based on their body of work at the time. If anything, TCU's crushing bowl performance adds to the problem. If their stadium was twice as large as it is like OSU's, do you really think they would have slid from #3 to #6 after winning by over 7 touchdowns?

Your sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

You may want to enroll at The Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

See, I might of said that the main reason TCU didn't get in was they lost to Baylor and thus couldn't get in ahead of them who had no chance of getting in. Problem is I'm pretty sure one playoff official basically gave the reason as what you said already.

Here are some other things off the radar

stealth-fighter-jet-5.jpg

USAF_B-2_Spirit.jpg

12311372013_blackbird_steven_palmer.jpg

f22.jpg

29 of the 37 "experts" had no ACC team in the playoff?

29 of the 37 "experts" had no ACC team in the playoff?

The Big 10 and Big 12 were in all of them (mostly because everybody expects OSU/TCU to be good). SEC was left out of 2.

Everybody picked a team from 4 separate conferences. Looks like everybody is on board with conference champions getting in. Going to be interesting what happens when a couple 2/3 loss teams upset the favorites in the conference title game in the same year.

It's still funny to me how people look at our offense and see % rushing/receiving yards lost and think we're sunk. Clemson/VT fans are citing that all over their boards as reasons for them to win next year. How many times have we lost the star AB that we wouldn't be able to replace? basically every other year since CPJ started (Roddy, Orwin, Godhigh). Each one of those guys was the "protypical AB." Funny how different their games/height/weight/style were. Godhigh was a walk-on for crying out loud.

Our offense is going to be sick again with JT+OL returning and if Hunt lives up to the hype (within the program) we'll have the best team in the ACC. That's just it.

I can understand how the media would look at the number of seniors we lost on offense and assume we take a step back next year. I think this misses that we are returning the most important areas of QB and OL, but I get it.

*whoosh*

Bammer turns into a bummer this year.

We're right where we need to be.

We play best when we're unranked.

This will put a chip on our shoulders.

I prefer the underdog role.

Johnson will read this and we'll play better.

That cover everything?

Bammer turns into a bummer this year.

We're right where we need to be.

We play best when we're unranked.

This will put a chip on our shoulders.

I prefer the underdog role.

Johnson will read this and we'll play better.

That cover everything?
Probably need to touch on recruiting a little bit. #needmoarstarz

Back