We're Off the Radar

29 of the 37 "experts" had no ACC team in the playoff?

I think the problem is that with how the Big 12 was left out this year, it will be very difficult for the committee to leave a Big 12 team out again.

In addition, FSU performed horribly against Oregon, making the ACC the conference to leave out.

Auburn must have a hell of a good backup QB. Nick Marshall is gone and they still get the 5th most votes.

Isn't that exactly what happened when TCU won 55-3 in the final week and yet got bumped down for Ohio State to get in over them? Make no mistake - all other things being remotely close to equal, the committee will pick teams that generate revenue.

tOSU won just as decisively, but over a team far better than Iowa State. There was nothing wrong at all with putting tOSU in the top 4, it was just odd that TCU had to drop down from the top 3.

Ultimately, the committee HAD to respect conference champions and also that Baylor was the conference champion, no matter what the Big 12 tried to say. Baylor, meanwhile, had a loss to WVU which was hardly better than a pre-injury VT team. When both tOSU and we played VT, they were a far better team than later in the year.

Let's be honest too, for a non-GT fan it's tough picking us for the playoff. Almost everybody who touched the ball other the JT is leaving, with a few losses on defense as well. We will do as well next year probably because the TO's success probably hinges on the OL more than anything else, and everybody but Mason is coming back on OL. But that's some pretty in-depth knowledge of our team for a non-GT fan to pick us for the playoff.

radar2.jpg

I think that 2 things will determine Tech's chances of getting to the CFP. Turnovers (both ways) and improvement on defense. I think that the offense will be fine as long as they limit turnovers, even with a lot of new people. I also think that the defense will improve. Special teams just needs to be effective, nothing spectacular.

I do not think that FSU will be as good. Clemson and the Domers should be very beatable as well. Georgia should be about the same as this year. Limit mistakes and Tech should come out with a W every game in 2015.

If there's one thing more useful than top 25s that come out before the season starts, it's preseason top 4s that are essentially the same for an entire decade (al, OSU, USC, the "I wish this team was better")

Auburn must have a hell of a good backup QB. Nick Marshall is gone and they still get the 5th most votes.
Malzahn has pretty much proven that his offense is a force, so they're going to get high rankings until they show that they're QB can't execute. King of the mountain, so to speak.

Malzahn has pretty much proven that his offense is a force, so they're going to get high rankings until they show that they're QB can't execute. King of the mountain, so to speak.

Exactly ... :biggthumpup:

Back