We're screwed

augustabuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
The 2 ACC refs that have earned my trust, Ron Cherry and Jeff Flanagan each called games today.

:furious:

Ron Cherry has always been fair when I have seen him officiate our games. The Umpire tends to skrew us when he officiates our games since the head official isn't really suppose to overrule the umpire in his area of the field.

You are kidding about Ron Cherry right? This is a joke???

No, I'm not kidding. I've never been able to detect a bias for or against either team when these two are working. Ron Cherry gets bad a bad rap fron NC/Va types because he doesn't give their teams their accustomed favored treatment. The same can be said for UG types in Athens.

The reason Ron Cherry was selected to call the BCS championship game a couple of years ago was because he is very good.

We are probably going to be getting this guy.

[y]RFTyMUn1woA[/y]

Lucky us.

Ron Cherry has always been fair when I have seen him officiate our games. The Umpire tends to skrew us when he officiates our games since the head official isn't really suppose to overrule the umpire in his area of the field.

This. Over time, and after taking more courses in officiating, I´ve come to respect Ron Cherry.

His crews have excellent mechanics. They make mistakes (even the best crew will make a few) but they don´t let it change the next play. He is not biased.

He made a mistake at the NCST game we won a few years ago when Ball faked a spike then threw, but he went out of his way to apologize for the mistake.

He wasn´t the one who kept winding the clock to deprive us of a full drive against UNC at the end of the second half in 2009 either.

I´ll take Ron Cherry´s crew over any other ACC crew, if only because the NC schools hate him.

Yes, I'm afraid you're right.

Brad Allen.

pd3291850.jpg

Egads. The bad news is that Brad Allen and Tom DeJoseph (he of the clock running vs. UNC in 2009) did not work games involving ACC teams this weekend. I seem to recall that the ACC shares officials with some FCS conference, but I don't remember which one it is, so I haven't been able to run down and see if they worked FCS games. The full run-down of officials for ACC games already played is below.

Tenn-NC St: Matt Moore (SEC)
Elon@UNC: David Epperley
W&M@MD: Gary Patterson
Richmond@UVA: Jeff Heaser
Miami@BC: Ron Cherry
Murray St@FSU: Tom Zimorski
Liberty@WFU: Jerry Magallanes
Auburn-Clemson: Jeff Flanagan
FIU@Duke: Riley Johnson

This. Over time, and after taking more courses in officiating, I´ve come to respect Ron Cherry.

His crews have excellent mechanics. They make mistakes (even the best crew will make a few) but they don´t let it change the next play. He is not biased.

He made a mistake at the NCST game we won a few years ago when Ball faked a spike then threw, but he went out of his way to apologize for the mistake.

He wasn´t the one who kept winding the clock to deprive us of a full drive against UNC at the end of the second half in 2009 either.

I´ll take Ron Cherry´s crew over any other ACC crew, if only because the NC schools hate him.
This.

I hope Brad Allen dies in a fire.

I don't like him. I don't like his face.

Egads. The bad news is that Brad Allen and Tom DeJoseph (he of the clock running vs. UNC in 2009) did not work games involving ACC teams this weekend. I seem to recall that the ACC shares officials with some FCS conference, but I don't remember which one it is, so I haven't been able to run down and see if they worked FCS games. The full run-down of officials for ACC games already played is below.

Tenn-NC St: Matt Moore (SEC)
Elon@UNC: David Epperley
W&M@MD: Gary Patterson
Richmond@UVA: Jeff Heaser
Miami@BC: Ron Cherry
Murray St@FSU: Tom Zimorski
Liberty@WFU: Jerry Magallanes
Auburn-Clemson: Jeff Flanagan
FIU@Duke: Riley Johnson

Tom Zimorski Does a good job also.

[y]6D8aAC4jrPM[/y]

This is why I love Ron Cherry. It is also why I am wary of him calling our games.

Speaking of the UNC game in 2009 where the doofus ref kept the clock running at the end of the first half, what was his "explaination" at the start of the second half after CPJ drilled him a new asshole walking off the field?

Right before the second half kickoff, the ref went to midfield, switched on his mic and made some announcement...and was soundly booed.

Anybody remember what he said?

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

Back