Wes Durham at Macon TD Club

goldeagle

Dodd-Like
Wes looked good Monday night, appears to have lost weight. Was in best form I've ever seen him,sharp,incisive, energetic.

Said college football fans ought to be mad as hell about the playoff deals and new tv rights. TV deal went from $186 million to $475 million, shows that college football is big business. Big enough that the NFL, with tv revenues of $1.23 billion, is paying attention.

Said Saban is worth $7 million to 'bama because Tide football made $90 million for the school.

Thinks Archie Manning was fortunate to have medical problems which gave him a reason to get off the playoff selection committee. Feels Condi Rice has validity in being a committee member from days as SOS due to 'having had her finger on the button'!

Glad to see New Years Eve and New Years Day being given back to college football. Following weekend will be playoff , tix to cost $225-480.

Best way to pick top 25 is from bottom up by losses. Semifinalists will be picked by rule of threes,i.e. No picks will/should be made of teams that met in regular season and conference championships also.

TD Club was honoring kids from local high schools , had a couple of linemen weighing 265 & 285, Wes asked if they had passports; Esplained that with Rich McKay in Europe he was GM in America and could get them onto practice squad since they had demonstrated that they coulld block and tackle.

Did the old "no i in team," but several in injuries and inconsistencies, with regards to the Falcons. .

Took several questions. About Gurley and others, said NCAA needs to understand what 21st century athletes go through. About new Falcons stadium, said it will be a game changer for Atlanta as a sports venue! Super Bowl, Final Four, World Cup, ... said the video board will be an eyepopper, will run around the inner circumference of the stadium, see it from any seat!

Said Al C was friend, mentor, and one of the greatest broadcasters ever! Said if kids and ladies weren't present he could tell some absolutely unbelievable stories about Munson.

Folks at my table said CPJ was outstanding the week prior.

Sorry none of y'all in the area were there to enjoy the evening. Maybe next year.

Back