Wes Durham betrays us

Any ranking that doesn't have Miami in last place is flawed. Lousy pro stadium, no college atmosphere, almost no fans there and the ones that are completely suck. Duke and Wake are both 10x better places to watch a football game than Miami.

JRjr

Any ranking that doesn't have Miami in last place is flawed. Lousy pro stadium, no college atmosphere, almost no fans there and the ones that are completely suck.

Are we talking Miami or Pitt?

I think most would agree that we are behind the top3, so his ranking is pretty good.

Miami and Pitt guys ranked us 4th. They probably appreciate having a good college game experience when you are competing with so many pro sports in a big city.

Are we talking Miami or Pitt?

I haven't been to Pitt yet, so I can't judge, but I have a hard time believing their fans are as obnoxious as the roofer convention that you encounter in Miami. They probably don't try to deafen you with techno-ranchero music constantly at Pitt, either.

JRjr

Any ranking that doesn't have Miami in last place is flawed. Lousy pro stadium, no college atmosphere, almost no fans there and the ones that are completely suck. Duke and Wake are both 10x better places to watch a football game than Miami.

JRjr
I totally agree horrible stadium. I've been in stadiums all over America and Mia is the absolute worst. If and when Tech wins the ACC again I'll not go but stay home and watch on TV. To hell with Mia and UGAY!

Can't disagree with Wes. I'd maybe put us above NCST, but NCST does pack out their stadium pretty good I think. I take no exceptions to his list. Pretty good look.

I totally agree horrible stadium. I've been in stadiums all over America and Mia is the absolute worst. If and when Tech wins the ACC again I'll not go but stay home and watch on TV. To hell with Mia and UGAY!

Catch up, old timer! The game in in Charlotte now :biggthumpup:

General atmosphere

B - we are unique, all things taken together, a college vibe in the middle of downtown

Fan support

D - our fans suck, and we know it

Home-field advantage

C - could be a B or an A, but for the fan support above

Amenities

C - stadium is old and amenities are few

Tailgating

C - not bad, but not good

Surrounding campus

A - we have a great campus

College town

B - see general atmosphere above

So maybe a B- overall. Being in the 2nd 25% isn't too bad, given the competition. Maybe NCST is higher because barbeque? They have good BBQ up there.

Does NCSt get extra points for the stabbings/shootings they have at tailgates every few seasons?

Historically, it has seemed to me that we have NC State's number in football. Even when they had the better team, we would win.

For that reason alone, I think we beat them and finish ahead of them in the standings.

Historically, it has seemed to me that we have NC State's number in football. Even when they had the better team, we would win.

For that reason alone, I think we beat them and finish ahead of them in the standings.
Read the link again. It's not talking about wins/losses.

What's funny to me is he put NCState two spots ahead of UNC.

The last time we played them Russell Wilson and Co. made our defense look like we were wearing cement shoes. I hope TR makes that rememberence vanish from my memory.

Back