Wes Durham getting married?

thwg

Damn Good Rat
I've heard 790 a few times the last week mention Wes's wedding tomorow night. At first, I thought it was a joke as they were talking about wedding gifts. But I've heard it enough that I assume it's true.

If so, good luck to him but I'm confused. I could have sworn he was married and had kids...like not too long ago. Did he get divorced? Does he have kids? If he got divorced how long ago was it? I am almost positive he had young kids but maybe I got him confused with someone else.

Thanks for the info. Congrats to Wes regardless of what has preceeded him and I hope he enjoys wedded bliss for the rest of his life.

divorced a couple of years back......he and his ex- have twins.

divorced a couple of years back......he and his ex- have twins.

you know that's what I rememberd but then I thought maybe I was getting him confused with Ted Roof or someone else as i think he and his wife had twins also.

i remember seeing him hold the kids at the baseball games. Ok, I'm not completely crazy.

thanks for the info.

Buzzfan, maybe that's why Wes also started calling games for the Falcons, so he could pay the alimony and child support.:laugher:

The last month, I've spoke to both the mother and father of the "bride to be". They are thrilled to have Wes join the family.

As I recall, it was a challenge to schedule the wedding.

Must be a short honeymoon. He's got to get back in time to call the Georgie game.

Must be a short honeymoon. He's got to get back in time to call the Georgie game.

I assume he'll be calling the UNC game about 16 hours later and the Falcons on Sunday. I'm guessing the honeymoon comes sometime in January at the earliest.

I assume he'll be calling the UNC game about 16 hours later and the Falcons on Sunday. I'm guessing the honeymoon comes sometime in January at the earliest.

I think this is correct. Also, they are doing it now to make it easier to include Wes' father.

I keep trying to come up with a 'toe meets leather' honeymoon joke, but none comes to mind..

I keep trying to come up with a 'toe meets leather' honeymoon joke, but none comes to mind..

hah! Let's hope that Wes doesn't break into 'game call mode' on his honeymoon night.

(work with me here --envision Wes making a call on a Michael Johnson sack)

...whoa --how do you do! Say he-lll-ooo to Mr. Johnson! The big nine-three just made a house call!

hah! Let's hope that Wes doesn't break into 'game call mode' on his honeymoon night.

...whoa --how do you do! Say he-lll-ooo to Mr. Johnson! The big nine-three just made a house call!
Wow GTUGA! I think that's some of the funniest stuff you've ever posted here. Right up there with the pocket and his dogs!!!

Perhaps he will try an unexpected end-around.

HA! Well done sir.

What are some memorable Wes lines that could have double connotations?

"Ball is loose! Ball is loose!"

Wes hooked up with his high school sweetheart and left his wife and 2 kids. Kinda jackleggish if you ask me but what do I know.

Wes hooked up with his high school sweetheart and left his wife and 2 kids. Kinda jackleggish if you ask me but what do I know.

If he did this, then it is more than jackleggish but I'm sure there is a lot more to the story or so I hope.

Oversimplification is the bane of internet commentary.

Ruh-roh!

Sounds like someone still has his panties in a wad because he didn't get the sideline reporter's gig several years back...

Congrats Wes and Vicki! Many, many happy years!

Back