We've been competitive in 95% no wait 94% of CPJ's games

on the surface that's probably fairly accurate. but for instance, ND only beat us by 8 in 2015 but it sure felt like a blowout. We got our tails thoroughly whipped and it never felt like we were in that game.
Kansas, MTSU, Tennessee

I like the simplicity of this (rather than defecit minutes, etc) because honestly, who cares if it looked like we were getting beat worse than we did. There are games that we looked great and lost or looked aweful and won.

Id like to see a Chan Gailey comparison. I have a couple of 51-7 scores seared into my head.
Percentage of "non-competitive" games:

CPJ
22+ pt losses: 6 (4.7%)

Gailey
22+ pt losses: 9 (13.6%)

O'Leary
22+ pt losses: 6 (7.0%)

I think the perception that we are more consistently competitive under CPJ is most definitely true, especially when you consider the fact that the ACC is far and away a stronger conference than it was in the past.

By nature of the high school offense CPJ runs, it's rare the opposition has the ball enough to outscore us by 3 touchdowns ever.

Do an anal-lysis of turnover margin in those blowout losses and you got your causal link. It's ööööing mind-blowing I tell ya.

I’ve always felt we never really get blown out. There are some games, but it rarely happens.

The öööö uga pulled last weekend is embarrassing. No. 1 team this late in the season getting blown out.

I’ve always felt we never really get blown out. There are some games, but it rarely happens.

The öööö uga pulled last weekend is embarrassing. No. 1 team this late in the season getting blown out.

Good look bro

Go öööö yourself. I’m not pleased with the blow out, either. But... go öööö yourself.
Not pleased? Well, at least you’re taking it well. Good luck in your next analysis, little boy (I hope you don’t mind me assuming gender)

Back