We've got some smart players

mmbt0ne

Dodd-Like
The VY score was shocking when I heard it... even if you're hungover in the worst way six is ridiculous... OTOH the 45 the Harvard QB posted was pretty impressive because of the timing.

Nowadays players are "coached" so the value is a little limited, but I still think it's a good tool. FWIW....

Matt Ryan 28/32
Brian Brohm 32/45
Joe Flacco 27/24/30
Jake Long 26
Glenn Dorsey 21/26
Chris Long 34/45
Andre Woodson 14/20

They took it twice?

is this vince young? jk

or are you missing the fact that not everyone answers the same number of questions, so the second number is the number they answered and the first is the number they got correct

so you could get a 50/50 (read "50 out of of 50"), but since not everyone answers the same amount of questions, someone could get a 40/40.. they got them all correct, but didnt get through all 50 questions

or that some guys don't take it too seriously and others do? The value of the test is not all that clear....meaning if you're good enough, it doesn't matter what you score.

is this vince young? jk

or are you missing the fact that not everyone answers the same number of questions, so the second number is the number they answered and the first is the number they got correct

so you could get a 50/50 (read "50 out of of 50"), but since not everyone answers the same amount of questions, someone could get a 40/40.. they got them all correct, but didnt get through all 50 questions

I think you may be the one missing something. Sometimes there is one score listed, sometimes three. So that doesn't support the theory that the first number is the number correct and the second is the number answered.

I am not sure how the NFL scores timed tests, but in my experience it doesn't matter whether you answer incorrectly or just don't finish. The only thing that matters is the number of correct answers in the time allocated.

or that some guys don't take it too seriously and others do? The value of the test is not all that clear....meaning if you're good enough, it doesn't matter what you score.

I have a story about this test I will tell later, off to soccer for now.

Here's a sample: http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/existence/wonderlic.html

They aren't hard. But then again, I did not set the timer. Which I didn't even notice until AFTER I answered everything. Oops.

That was really easy...I'd have to guess that most players must not take it seriously, which is kind of dumb if teams actually place value on it. I got all of them right with 5 seconds left. Not sure what any of that has to do with football though....

I think you may be the one missing something. Sometimes there is one score listed, sometimes three. So that doesn't support the theory that the first number is the number correct and the second is the number answered.

I am not sure how the NFL scores timed tests, but in my experience it doesn't matter whether you answer incorrectly or just don't finish. The only thing that matters is the number of correct answers in the time allocated.

i didnt follow any links, but if you look at all but one of the scores listed in these posts it is in the format x/y
which is the number correct and the number answered
test vary of whether they consider unanswered questions as part of the evaluation, i believe teh SAT is 1/4 of a point off for every one not answered, but 1 point off for every one missed, so there you go smart ass

That was really easy...I'd have to guess that most players must not take it seriously, which is kind of dumb if teams actually place value on it. I got all of them right with 5 seconds left. Not sure what any of that has to do with football though....

Doesn't have anything to do with football, per se. But it is a gage of critical thinking and logic, which are valuable skills in any setting. Especially when quick decisions need to be made.

Here's an example:
Imagine you're a corner back. It's 4th and long, but the offense has decided to go for it. The pass is released and it's headed to the wide receiver that you are covering. But... you've done your job well, he's out of position and you have a better line to the ball. Do you make the pick or just bat it out of bounds?

is this vince young? jk

Hell, I thought the same thing as Kyle...I'll take the test tonight.

Back