What’s the f’ing problem???

I have been here for a while now and know how this board works. Anything and everything is going to be ridiculed. I’m ok with that. But what I don’t understand is this. Y’all have in the past year had Thacker’s noose tied and ready but since clown has been fired and the D has shown life y’all are wanting to keep him at all cost! All is forgiven. OL has improved since clown firing but yet key is still frowned upon for a position coach and our HC. Why is that? There has been improvement with OL and the team has rallied around him these last few weeks. You get rid of Long and get a competent OC with key running things and I’m ready to see what happens. Good or bad. The guy has earned the job in my opinion and those that say he hasn’t can F off. What better option did we have anyway? This job isn’t what some of y’all think it is. Academics in the way. Horrid record as of late. Conference is öööö. This guy cares about the future of the program and I am behind him 100%. Faith that key can move us forward.

Amen!

I have been here for a while now and know how this board works. Anything and everything is going to be ridiculed. I’m ok with that. But what I don’t understand is this. Y’all have in the past year had Thacker’s noose tied and ready but since clown has been fired and the D has shown life y’all are wanting to keep him at all cost! All is forgiven. OL has improved since clown firing but yet key is still frowned upon for a position coach and our HC. Why is that? There has been improvement with OL and the team has rallied around him these last few weeks. You get rid of Long and get a competent OC with key running things and I’m ready to see what happens. Good or bad. The guy has earned the job in my opinion and those that say he hasn’t can F off. What better option did we have anyway? This job isn’t what some of y’all think it is. Academics in the way. Horrid record as of late. Conference is öööö. This guy cares about the future of the program and I am behind him 100%. Faith that key can move us forward.

I don't disagree but damn dude you are bitching lol

So better than Collins is the best Tech can do? That’s not a ringing endorsement. Key’s body of work is crap.

I count three fonts making any noise against the hire, and one being quite stern, out of dozens that were active today. I don't know that we really as a fanbase have rejected him or anything. Probably don't need to call us all out here.
I said my piece and I'm done with it. CBK is officially my coach now, and as long as he is you won't see me bashing him publicly, here or elsewhere. I might be the world's most obnoxious asshole, but I've bled white and gold for 44 years and no one would be happier than me to be proven to have been wrong.

Go Coach Brent Key!!! I'm behind you. I hope the rest of the fanbase will be, too.

This was a blown opportunity to snag a game changer coach. If Tech was willing to pony up like Cabrera indicated. I guess we will soon see what the coaching and recruiting staffs look like for next year. My hopes of competing with the upper half are pretty much diminished. But if Cabrera wasn’t blowing smoke and really funds the athletics department like he said. Even a sub par coach like Key could hit above his weight.

I count three fonts making any noise against the hire, and one being quite stern, out of dozens that were active today. I don't know that we really as a fanbase have rejected him or anything. Probably don't need to call us all out here.
This. My big cries have gone thru the roof today.

This was a blown opportunity to snag a game changer coach. If Tech was willing to pony up like Cabrera indicated. I guess we will soon see what the coaching and recruiting staffs look like for next year. My hopes of competing with the upper half are pretty much diminished. But if Cabrera wasn’t blowing smoke and really funds the athletics department like he said. Even a sub par coach like Key could hit above his weight.
Not that it matters now but what game changing coach were you thinking we could afford?

So better than Collins is the best Tech can do? That’s not a ringing endorsement. Key’s body of work is crap.

More impressive than Fritz.
Screenshot_20221129-220052~2.png

You left out: Key was immediately able determine which field goal kicker was more likely to make field goals.

And initiated full contact practice. And let Taisun see the playbook instead of focusing on conditioning all the time. And focused on fundamentals like how to block and tackle.

Key will earn respect that he deserves. If not, so be it. We move on. No harm no foul. I truly think that he will make us better and that’s why we need right now. We can not expect national championships at this point. We need to get on the right track and work toward being world beaters. It’s not going to happen over night. Key seems to be the man for “this job” at this moment.

I was for Key the minute he wore a cutoff sweatshirt with no skinny pants or neck roll or tight fitting sleeves, and Key didn't have a delay of game penalty after a timeout or spot the ball for the ref. There I'm done with Collins and that is all I have to say for that. Glad to have an adult in charge again.

Haha. I knew I would catch hell for this and I’m not calling everyone out. Just seems to be a lot of people on here willing to praise Thacker after being ready to never see him again. But yet Key hasn’t received the same attention. Trust me, I’m with every Jacket fan and want to see what’s best for the team. And I think Ley can get us closer. If we start making a name for ourselves again then maybe the big name guy will be interested but the way the program stands right now I can’t think of a better guy. Let’s get behind him and see what he can do from day one in control.
You were corrected once but TIA and that clearly didn’t stick. Let me try again for you. The majority of the board is behind Key. There are a few - NOT A LOT - poster’s that are very vocal against the hire. The rest of us think they’re idiots. Stop trying to preach to the choir. You sound like an idiot yourself.

Just seems to be a lot of people on here willing to praise Thacker after being ready to never see him again. But yet Key hasn’t received the same attention.

As GTWannabee said, that's simply not true. There are some people who are unhappy, but definitely not a lot.

Check out the poll about whether people are happy with the hire:

Screenshot_20221130-110522.png

It’s commonly known as stingtalking on StingTalk. :bigthumbup: A place where everyone is correct none of the time.

Back