What’s the max per year that Tech could pay a coach?

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Everyone is stepping up their game. Miami being able to pay 8 million a year is crazy. The fundraising initiative Stansbury launched was a success however so maybe we can raise money.

In the future if we go after a big name or if we find success with a coach and give them a raise, what is the most you think Tech could pay a coach per year?

update: Tech offers your mother as a sacrifice to the next coach.

Last edited:
81370387.jpg

Ok then real question @ThisIsAtlanta or @GoGATech or anyone can the Academic Association give money to the football program?
My understanding is the school cannot "give" money to the athletic association that has already been donated or allocated. What they CAN do though since they have such an endowment built up, is request that future donations by some of the bigger donors go to the AA or ask that they earmark donations for athletics, etc. There are a buttload of folks that give to the school, and honestly it doesn't need it. We desperately need to convince some of these donors to give to the AA instead.

My understanding is the school cannot "give" money to the athletic association that has already been donated or allocated. What they CAN do though since they have such an endowment built up, is request that future donations by some of the bigger donors go to the AA or ask that they earmark donations for athletics, etc. There are a buttload of folks that give to the school, and honestly it doesn't need it. We desperately need to convince some of these donors to give to the AA instead.
Is stansburry smart enough to do this?

Is stansburry smart enough to do this?
It's not necessarily Stansbury who would do it, would be more a Cabrera thing I think.
For the opening question, I couldn't see us ever going over 5 million (at least until 5 million is the new 3 million). 4 might be a more practical limit.

This is going to be necessary if we are going to rebuild to where we all want to be.

I think we need to be in the 5-6 million range to compete
For everyone complaining about Todd hiring CGC, we have to pay more to get better. Paying sub-market rate simply means we are either bringing in someone with baggage or someone who is unproven and a risk. Either will probably have success rates that are not ideal. We have to build a fundraising infrastructure like IPTAY or tap into the academic side somehow. If we spend losing program amounts, we'll have a losing program. Withholding funds/ticket purchases/butts in seats will not help us and will simply hamstring our coaching search next year.

Cincinnati currently pays Fickell 3.4 M. Know that example is a one off, but it can be done.

This is my thread but I’ve been preaching about this so much already. We need to pay $5mm for HC + $3.5mm for assistants to be top 25 and that was before some recent moves.

Otherwise, we just have to adjust our expectations and inflated opinion of our program.

GT has the resources. It’s whether they value the football program as part of the tradition and mission of the institute

Back