What’s the max per year that Tech could pay a coach?

Otherwise, we just have to adjust our expectations and inflated opinion of our program.

GT has the resources. It’s whether they value the football program as part of the tradition and mission of the institute
I agree. We either pony up and show up or change our expectations.This article explains what happened at Miami:

What truly embarrassed Miami officials enough to enact change, according to multiple sources close to the program, was a public criticism at the hands of Kirk Herbstreit on College GameDay earlier in the season, when he decried the lack of support and alignment from the administration on down. That got the attention not only of university president Julio Frenk, but an entire fan base already in a lather over another poor start to the season. Unlike previous years, when the athletic department was told it had to sustain itself financially, the university had money it was willing to spend to address the situation.

Everyone is stepping up their game. Miami being able to pay 8 million a year is crazy. The fundraising initiative Stansbury launched was a success however so maybe we can raise money.

In the future if we go after a big name or if we find success with a coach and give them a raise, what is the most you think Tech could pay a coach per year?

update: Tech offers your mother as a sacrifice to the next coach.

Based on this past season I would say we can pay at least $1,066,667 per win.

This is my thread but I’ve been preaching about this so much already. We need to pay $5mm for HC + $3.5mm for assistants to be top 25 and that was before some recent moves.

Otherwise, we just have to adjust our expectations and inflated opinion of our program.

GT has the resources. It’s whether they value the football program as part of the tradition and mission of the institute
Nah, US News Rankings is Love, US News Rankings is Life.

Are we talking about the school funding athletics or the fanbase funding athletics?

Are we talking about the school funding athletics or the fanbase funding athletics?
This is where this always gets tricky. You want athletics to pay for itself ideally, but that only happens at maybe the 10 largest schools. At most colleges the athletics are subsidized by the university. But that's not necessarily bad, just like the university spends money for advertising, sports are considered the front porch of the university. You can look into what has happened at bama with their meteoric rise in football, the school is flush with cash. I don't have the exact numbers but it went from being something like 80% of students being in-state to perhaps less than 50% now, so getting a lot more out of state students meaning they are paying more and the taxpayers in their state paying less. So it can definitely be a good thing for the university to have a successful athletic program. But I'm not sure with Tech already drawing well and already getting lots of money on the school-side of business, may they are asking why invest in the athletic programs further?

1638931223882.jpeg
The problem is that $500 bill will buy you all kinds of houses and hotels on Baltic Avenue, but not much on Boardwalk.

This is my thread but I’ve been preaching about this so much already. We need to pay $5mm for HC + $3.5mm for assistants to be top 25 and that was before some recent moves.

Miami is a crappy little overpriced university. They need football to elevate their profile to applicants, and it also helps motivate alumni contributions.

Clemson, Georgia, Bama, etc. are also crappy little universities, although maybe not as overpriced as Miami. Take away football and no one outside their home state would even know they existed or disappeared.

Georgia Tech has one million super-bright Asian kids tripping all over themselves to get admitted to Tech and pay full freight, too. If the POS Regents didn't make them take so many dumbass Georgia kids, and less-dumbass US students from other states, they could fill the whole damn Freshman class with 1500 SATs from Asia. Tech does not need football to elevate its profile.

Back