What about I.

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
I read Master B's report and noticed that I. Perfection was not even mentioned. So whats up with him, is he still in school, transfered or what?

He is there playing with the 3rd team. It is evident from practice he still needs alot of work and time to get better. He has good speed though.

IP is a small track guy trying to play major college fball.At this point don't expect too much.

AlaGold, just wondering why you would say that? IP was a PrepStars AA and heavily recruited by teams such as Penn State and Miami. He's listed at 5-11 I think so he's not that small for a DB. I haven't got a clue whether he'll turn out to be a starter or not, but why should our expectations be low?

NCJ, He might be 5-11 which I doubt but I understand he is 165lb and needs to gain much strength.
I'll be glad to say I'm wrong about him but NYC fball players don't get the competition we see in the South.Remember Abe Fernandez?He was PLAYER of the Year for Linemen in NYC.Not exactly an impact player for Tech.
I would love for him to be a star but his speed may be useable only in kicking game.

To follow up on what Alagold said, One of our starting db's father, who was from NJ, told me about how the player had never really worked with weights before he got to Tech. Without doubt, as a general rule the players from the NE do not have the exposure to the weight training nor the level of competition as they do in the South.

I have looked over our recruiting on a geographic basis for the last 12 years, and it takes only a cursory examination to see that we have not had a great success with NE recruiting, when comparing the number of recruits to the number of starters and impact players that resulted. One thing you did get from the NE were players who were well qualified academically.

I for one was greatly encouraged to see that CG's staff looked to Fla and Texas to help meet the academic and athletic needs of the class, as opposed to the NE. Of course much of this is due to the fact that our staffs recruiting experience is in Texas and elsewhere, but I think it is to our benefit.

I saw I-Perfection at Fan-Photo Day last year, and he did look scrawny. Definitely needs to hit the weights.

lightningzap.gif
lightningzap.gif

Back