What Can We Expect in 2013?

GruffyMcGuiness

We Dedrick
First off, I know the season isn't over yet. We still have our bowl game, but that doesn't mean much of anything. I'm already excited about next year with Vad or possibly JT starting.

Who are we losing? Off the top of my head, TJ Barnes, Izaan Cross, Rod Sweeting, Tevin Washington, Orwin Smith, Omeregie Uzzi, *Julian Burnett maybe Attaouchu

We have most of our important guys coming back... Lou Young, Jemea Thomas, Jamal Golden, Jabari Hunt Days, Quayshawn Nealy, 4/5ths of the o-line, David Sims

Who steps up for Orwin? I like Godhigh, I love his story, but I don't want him getting the most carries at A-Back. Who's going to step up and be the playmaker at A-Back? Bostic? Zenon? ...Days?

Are we going to get any production out of WR? I think we'll have to be a lot better there considering Vad at QB probably equals more passing plays.

How will Vad do as the starter? You can tell a difference when Vad is in over Tevin. He doesn't make the right read a lot of the time but he can still make a play. How will that work out with him being in every down?

Will the defense get pressure? I don't know how much you can talk about this when we have no DC right now, but you have to be excited about Kallon, Gotsis and Gamble. Sneezy and Nealy are solid. JHD will probably have a lot better season. The secondary is mostly returning. Golden will be starting now opposite Young. I don't know much about the rest of the secondary though.

Our kicking game HAS to get better. Scully, Moore, Poole, all TERRIBLE. We have a kicker coming in so maybe that will help.

Our schedule will definitely be tough. Clemson, FSU, VT, UNC, Georgia, BYU, Miami. It's going to be tough to get anything over 7 or 8 wins.

Sorry for the rambling... long ride home. All I know is that I'm excited for next year.

boehner-1213x-large.jpg

Whether or not we lose non-senior starters on defense will be huge. Getting back Fred Holton would be huge. The DC hire is huge. There is going to be a lot of important news in the next month or so on the defensive side of the ball.

Nevermind, goodbyte deleted his original dumbass post and replaced it with another dumbass post.

Nevermind, goodbyte deleted his original dumbass post and replaced it with another dumbass post.

Dunno man, I am leaning towards etc here ... we are gonna have a tough season next year.

We get Holton as well. Hopefully he will be able to get over the psyche of being injured.

We have FSU, Clemson, VPI, and UGA all at home. Next year can be a great year.

Tough road game in Provo just bc it's always tough to play at BYU.

I think we return some good talent and have perimeter blocking experience which we didn't have coming into this year. We can be good on both sides of the ball. The good home schedule should get excited crowds that will amp the players up. Really depends on the DC choice though.

I think we return some good talent and have perimeter blocking experience which we didn't have coming into this year.
the only problem is we don't really have a playmaker in the backfield who can bust off a big run

the only problem is we don't really have a playmaker in the backfield who can bust off a big run

The other issue is CPJ's fanatical investment in the option means we can never exploit defenses by fundamental blocking or run screens like Bama and the Mutts did yesterday.

Also, I have trouble getting excited about Holton. He's been injured almost his entire time here. How do we even know he'd make much of an impact if he played?

Yeah I agree about Holton. Regarding playmakers I think Bostic and Days could be good. Also Sims and Laskey only look better and better out of the B-Back position. Who knows.

Also, I have trouble getting excited about Holton. He's been injured almost his entire time here. How do we even know he'd make much of an impact if he played?

For me, it was because I read good things about him before both of his season ending injuries from both player and coach quotes.

But you're right, ultimately... we just won't know until he actually plays.

To be honest this season seems like a broken record. It seems like we had the same issues at the end of last season - Defense, Special Teams, QB. At least next season we will be seeing something new on offense. Special Teams and Defense can't get any worse, I hope. I believe one of the better kickers out of hs has committed to the Jackets so hopefully he doesn't catch the bad kicking cold that all our other kickers seem to be catching. As for defense - hopefully Attaouchu doesn't leave. Other than that I don't see any losses on defense that I would lose sleep over.

I also wonder what kind of defense Tech will be running next year. But we will know more once a new DC is hired.

And as far as Holton. I will believe it when I see it. I don't even consider him. He seems like one of those frequently injured enigmas.

From ST, expect OMG MNC!!! followed by WHY ISN'T VL TOMMY FRAZIER?!?! Followed by ---- CPJ, HIRE JIM HARBAUGH and RECRUIT JESUS CHRIST AT B-BACK11!!1!1!!

Whatever we do, can we not start the season with a coastal opponent?

From ST, expect OMG MNC!!! followed by WHY ISN'T VL TOMMY FRAZIER?!?! Followed by ---- CPJ, HIRE JIM HARBAUGH and RECRUIT JESUS CHRIST AT B-BACK11!!1!1!!

Sounds about right.....I am just not getting excited about another CPJ year....his days of exceeding my expectations ended in 2009....

We will win a minimum of 8 games next season. Sig that, remember that, whatever you want to do, that's a ----ing lock. If we do anything less than that, I will be shocked, and will finally support firing CPJ.

i think you are getting ahead of yourself. what is this 2013 that you speak of?

mayan.jpg

should 2013 really come, then i think what we CAN be certain of is that Tech fans will whine and complain regardless of what is happening

Go Jackets!

There is still a question on if Dieke returns? He will graduate in spring.

We will win a minimum of 8 games next season. Sig that, remember that, whatever you want to do, that's a ----ing lock. If we do anything less than that, I will be shocked, and will finally support firing CPJ.

I completely agree :biggthumpup:

Back