what % chance are we 0-4, after 4 games?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
35%........1-3
25%........2-2
25%........0-4
10%........3-1
5%.........4-0

I am not trying to preach doom and gloom. I am just trying to gain perspective.

Would be interested in other guesses.

My guesses are:
4-0 1%
3-1 5%
2-2 30%
1-3 40%
0-4 24%

I am saying that it is 94% likely that we will win less than 3, and 76% likely that we will win at least one.

4-0 - 25%
3-1 - 35%
2-2 - 20%
1-3 - 15%
0-4 - 5%

I'm curving y'all's grades.

Originally posted by JJacket:
4-0 - 25%
3-1 - 35%
2-2 - 20%
1-3 - 15%
0-4 - 5%

I'm curving y'all's grades.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">60% chance we win 3, NOW THAT'S THE KIND OF ODDS I AM LOOKING FOR!

Not just trying to be optimistic, but Tech has a shot in each of those games. I hope that they win at least 2 of them.
grin.gif

We "must" be this or we "must" do that based on numbers and percentages. That's not the way it works. New stars and new talent unforseen up until now will emerge and help lead TECH to VICTORY!

lawbee... it pains me to see an attorney of your stature dealing in percentages... when a barrister starts dealing in percentages I immediately think of Paul C. Parker...

BTW, 35% = 70 proof, 15% = 30 proof, etc... If we're gonna truly drink our whiskey clear, lawbee... deal in proofs & not percentages...

smile.gif

Good perspective,gnats(!!!), how often we project without consideration of injuries,and other circumstances (that is where we are always at the moment). I am sure Law was considering "as Is", but your thoughts add to what our full considersation should be. Boy, who knows what is ahead for ANY team based on extinuating circumstances!! We could have a "very fortunate year" injury=wise and surprise quite a few,, that is , if the old "injury bug" bites THEM!!!! It is almost always up in the air. How trite: Yet. the mojority of the time it is "how the football bounces".

We beat BYU there, and we beat Clemson here. The other two games could go either way. We have a better chance of beating Auburn here than FSU in Tallahassee. However, it we beat Auburn at BDS, the odds increase to our advantage of upsetting FSU there.

No worse than 2-2 and 50/50 on beating Auburn. The Auburn game may decide the outcome of the FSU game.

drinking.gif

Good Grief Ahso! Everytime I read your optimistic predictions on the upcoming seasons it makes me think I have a shot at Britney Spears!

Originally posted by techsamillion:
Good perspective,gnats(!!!), how often we project without consideration of injuries,and other circumstances (that is where we are always at the moment). I am sure Law was considering "as Is", but your thoughts add to what our full considersation should be. Boy, who knows what is ahead for ANY team based on extinuating circumstances!! We could have a "very fortunate year" injury=wise and surprise quite a few,, that is , if the old "injury bug" bites THEM!!!! It is almost always up in the air. How trite: Yet. the mojority of the time it is "how the football bounces".
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">gnats' perspective is marginal at best..

4-0 0% (Though I truly hope this could happen)
3-1 0%
2-2 10%
1-3 40%
0-4 50%

Too unrealistic to think the coaching staff and returning players can rebound to win in Provo vs that thin air and more returning experience on the BYU side. It will be close, perhaps a heartbreaker, but no cigar.

We're not even close vs Auburn and FSU.

As the Indians start to circle the wagon (media and fans calling for Chan's head) the distractions are enough to cause a loss to Clemson.

I said 0-4 a while back, I'm sticking with it though hoping for 4-0. It's gonna get worse around here before it gets better.

I'm not as concerned with the record as where we are headed. In other words, being a Tech fan, I would understand if the record isnt great but ---I'd like to see us play Auburn tough, not get blown out. I'd like to see us beat BYU, but that will be tough on the road with inexperience at QB, remember they will have revenge motive, be at home, and have their QB back. I'm more concerned with the conference games, Clemson and FSU. We still haven't closed the talent gap with FSU, so that will be a tall order on the road. But like Auburn, I can be satisfied if we fight them and don't get blown out.

That leaves the pivotal game in my mind of how to gauge this year -Clemson. We have them at home, they lost a good deal of folks, and Tommy is in trouble. In other words, this one is winnable.

Should we be 0-4 and having lost to Clemson, the roof may cave in my friends. The only thing that could salvage a train wreck coming would be an upset over Georgia.

I will not make a prediction, because I don't really care about records unless they validate what is disintegrating on the field. Let's hope it's 4-0.

Back