What does the StingTalk gang want me to watch at practice Wednesday?

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
There are so many things going on at once at practice until the O and D come together. No way can anyone see everything that's going on.

Thought I'd see if any of you had any particular interests to watch and report back here. Any particular players you want me to watch?

Yes... and thanks for asking. I'm not much of a practice watcher but the offensive line. Who's getting the reps 1st and 2nd team? How do they look physically? Speed and strength. Any newcomers? Overall review if you can.

Thought we lost something last year here. Thanks again.
smile.gif

Thanks GTT, QBs, Dixon, and whether the defensive backs are playing tight or loose on the receivers.

Isn't Wednesday supposed to be the first day in pads? If so I am really interested in the intensity of the hitting. Who are the alpha dogs and seem to be winning the physical battles.

In that vein I would like to know how both lines are doing. How Nate is looking this year as I think he was nicked up a lot of last year. And how are the defensive tackles doing? Are they bigger and badder?

If it is not a pad practice, tell me how the QBs are doing and how the coaching staff is meshing.

I agree with what everybody said,and GTT you are indeed a great GT FAN thanks for all you do!!!!!!!
grin.gif

Just my 2 cents.

How do the new guys look?
Brezina?
Cooper?
Pullen?
Matthews?
McHargue?

How about McNair, Landry and Houston?

Kickers?

Also, what about Koon on the OL? Is he getting snaps/hard look?

Gracias.

THANKS for asking my man! I agree with all of the above, but what about S & C and overall toughness?? You know, that big factor that has eluded us the last couple of years? Are we moving in the right direction in that area and did offseason S & C make a difference in our play in the trenches??

Again THANKS!!

Intensity GTT, with the players getting their cue from the coaches. Especially with Nix, Geis, and Tenuta. The Fridge and Erk Russell are my all time favorite Coordinators. Yea I know Erk was a Bulldog but his bleeding bald head from head butting with players his legendary in its inspiration to the defence. The fact that both became outstanding head coaches showed they knew what they was doing. I am not asking Nix to go out and head butt Suggs(though he probably deserved it plenty last year) or Tenuta to bang foreheads with Key Fox but I hope you see what I am saying. Players being inspired would be a huge improvement over last year(and the year before also). P.S. Lead the team in some gassers at the end of practice if the coaches don't!
tongue.gif

I would greatly appriciate an update on Bilbo. Things that might catch your interest are McNair (he was doing everything at full speed and then some on Friday) and Curry. I have a feeling both of these guys are going to have an outstanding spring. I really appriciate it. If I wasn't 6 hrs. away I would be there with you.

On another note in response to a question asked to me about practice Friday and meeting you, GTT, I was wearing a white dress shirt and jeans and look fairly young (People card the heck out of me when I go to any bar) and I am 5'7". I might have met you but didn't catch your handle. I would like to have met you though. Thanks.

Ok gang. I hope weather let's this deal with pads go on tomorrow at 4. Thanks for the imput. Have written down the keys to all of your questions and such. Will take the pad with me tomorrow.

Have found myself talking to people about practices remembering plays that happened, but not always who was in on the play. Hopefully keying in on what you've asked and taking notes during practice will help me better inform all of you what's going on.

Go Jackets!

Stateline, I agree with you on Erk. He had a lot more to do with UGA's winning season's than Dooley.

I think Roof has that kind of intensity. I am watching his progress at Duke to see how he fares without GOL.

It appears Tenuta has the same intensity, but some of his intensity may be a little too negative. Time will tell.

I do think the intensity level of the coach is a good thing to observe.

smile.gif

Erk also did something for the fans. After the defense stopped the other team's offense, they would linger and collect while still on the field and jog off in a tight group to the cheers of the fans. Erk did a good job of getting group identity and praise for the defensive team as a whole.

His way was far superior to the head wagging, arm swinging antics of one of the present day Ugag team who grabs the glory for himself.

Ahso and Mustard, I also believe Erk had more to do with the Bulldogs success than Dooley. Erk's leadership created unity on his defenses that is missing from todays Tallahassee Dawgs. About the Jackets today: Ahso if you can would you clue me in on Tenuta's "negative intensity". This is the first time I have heard that. Thanks for the comments on my post guys.

Stateline, personally, I don't know anything. I have read posts that state he really gets on to the players pretty hard when they make a mistake.

Although that might not be bad in some cases, you need to have a lot of positive intensity to go along with that. He may do both, I don't really know.

Maybe someone else that attends the practices will clarify this item. I probably should not have posted that slant without first hand information.

frown.gif

ahsoisee, i was surprised at you commenting on "negative intensity" without first hand knowledge and you quickly redeemed yourself.

i was not surprised at statelinejacket jumping on that comment.

tenuta goes hard on every mistake .. sometimes he just shouts out that the player is committing what the coach thinks is a foolish mistake. at other times, when he feels like there is a flaw in technique rather than just application, he beckons the player to come to him and coaches the player.

coach tenuta uses colorful language but is not what you'd call abusive.

finally, after every verbal tirade he goes to the effect .. "do this and this .." and ends it with a firm "Thankyou!"

Back