What excuse does Johnson use this week?

Paul Johnson hasn't experienced the sweet release of death. He's clearly not a GT man.

I gotta disagree. Punt the damn ball and make them go the length of the field in 1.5 minutes. Their field goal kicker set the record today as their all-time top FG kicker. When we turned the ball over on downs, he was literally in range at that point.

Normally, that's one of the few things I like about Paul Johnson's offense...his willingness to go for it on 4th down. But in a tie game, going for it on 4th and 1 on your own 34 with a minute and a half left in the game is foolhardy.

Last edited:
So the issue was the play call and not the decision?

The playcall was fine. I would have prefered the strait up TO, but that is splitting hairs. We didn't get it. Pitt got it done. That is football. You got beat, now go and correct that. Mills wasn't the low man, and the low man wins. That is coachable.

I gotta disagree. Punt the damn ball and make them go the length of the field in 1.5 minutes. Their field goal kicker set the record today as their all-time top FG kicker. When we turned the ball over on downs, he was literally in range at that point.

Normally, that's one of the few things I like about Paul Johnson's offense...his willingness to go for it on 4th down. But in a tie game, going for it on 4th and 1 on your own 34 with a minute and a half left in the game is foolhardy.

When you say length of the field, Do you mean 36 yards?

Back