What needs to take place at this point (IMO)

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
1. A clear and specific reason that 10 players flunked out.
2. A clear and specific plan as to a corrective measure(s), whether it involves firing staff, and hiring new staff, AND a concise plan to keep SAs in school, THAT WE CAN PRESENT TO RECRUITS AND THEIR FAMILIES.....(pssss - if not, recruiting will be VERY difficult next year)

3. A plan to get those 10 back in the fold asap.

4. A communications plan from the AA to contributors, for this scenario and future scenarios. *

* Note, I have NEVER gotten involved in the Braine bashing, but the level of arrogance and the level of ignoring contributors/season tic holders is amazing...This alone has me royally POed...I am now officially on the Bandwagon of the Braine bashers - He needs to recognize that we give our HARD-EARNED $$$ to the program, and its NOT an endless well - I expect a little more respect from Braine on communications. If he is the "CEO", then I am a shareholder, and EXPECT some information, particularly re: the above...and soon....

I HOPE some big time $$ contributors are equally as fed up

GoldR: Looks like you are right on all fronts and in particular the big time contributors - paper today quotes at least one but I'm sure there are a lot more!

Good luck with your seat selection!!
smile.gif

Ms Tech will you link or paraphrase what the one biggie said. We get nothing here in SA. Also see you at the BYU game and then in Atl for Clem. Jerry

I can't answer your questions about Braine. However, the answer to the first question should be pretty obvious:

The kids flunked out because they couldn't/wouldn't do the work required to stay eligible. I've got a hard time blaming anybody other than the kids. If it is someone else's fault, the Tech is no different than any other football factory, and we should never ever use the academic excuse again.

you are correct in that the SA's are ulitmately resonsible for their actions. However, with the type of school that Tech is, our SA's probably need more help than at UT, UGa, Bama and at Aubum where you don't even need to know how to read and write. So we must get on the program and offer the help needed for a place like ma Tech.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Ms Tech will you link or paraphrase what the one biggie said. We get nothing here in SA. Also see you at the BYU game and then in Atl for Clem. Jerry
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hi! Sure will... here it is - and will be in the same spot this year for tailgate ...Join Us!

In answer to the comment - "I can tell you that all the resouces were place and the (appropriate) monitoring was going on.

Tech's alumni and fans are not convinced.

"We're fed up," said one prominent Georgia Tech booster who asked not to be named. "We have a leadership problem and somebody needs to be accountable. Nobody had their eye on the ball on this one."

Jerry: You can see the whole article by going to:

www.ajc.com - sports section (Tech)

Back