What should GT do?

What should GT do?

• Grant more player exceptions.

Votes: 66 40.0%
  • Create athlete friendly academic program.

Votes: 60 36.4%
  • Drop to D3

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Lose football and pick up soccer/lax

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 28 17.0%

• Total voters
Better plan is to go back and tell Dodd to never leave the SEC. The NCAA took care of the stuff that really bothered him eventually anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

You mean like over signing and running kids off?

Given that the Admin would have done nothing different than they have, staying in the SEC would have put us on par with Vandy and Kentucky. As for the bowl record---forget it, same holds for the MNC.

You mean like over signing and running kids off?

Given that the Admin would have done nothing different than they have, staying in the SEC would have put us on par with Vandy and Kentucky. As for the bowl record---forget it, same holds for the MNC.

Eh. We never would have hit the really really bad times in the early 80s that people keep talking about, either. We'd probably be Miss State or Ole Miss (ironically, given what Dodd thought of them), not Vandy.

Might as well offer more diverse academics. UGA has expanded their engineering program. tit for tat

Might as well offer more diverse academics. UGA has expanded their engineering program. tit for tat

What makes sense to the academic side of the house that will entice football players? They are expanding programs, but it really doesn't help the football team.

how many football players are in uga's engineering school?

What makes sense to the academic side of the house that will entice football players? They are expanding programs, but it really doesn't help the football team.

Education, Sports Management, Kinesiology off the top of my head.

I don't what this would entail, but it sounds good to me!

I guess I envision it as a field for those wanting to get into the development of sports equipment. The most obvious example would be player safety - developing equipment (playing surfaces, etc) that keeps pace with human development.

I guess I envision it as a field for those wanting to get into the development of sports equipment. The most obvious example would be player safety - developing equipment (playing surfaces, etc) that keeps pace with human development.

ah ok... would fit nicely if we still had a textile program...

So you want a specialized mechanical engineer? How many players are going to go through the mechanical engineering curriculum?

Education, Sports Management, Kinesiology off the top of my head.

Education would be a certificate program on top of a STEM degree. We're not going to start a school of education.

Sports Management would be a Management degree with a few different electives.

Kinesiology would be a specialized Biology degree.

All of those can be studied today by choosing electives. They would be competitive programs that attracted non-athletes, so they couldn't hide football players like UNC's African American Studies. What people aren't getting is that the vast majority of 4 and 5 star players want to major in not going to anything remotely academic and the majors you suggest (while good), don't have that feature. We really haven't missed out on too many guys who cite the lack of majors with the ones you mention.

Back