What Will The Point Spread Open At? I Say 12

I was thinking about that. Maybe a bit higher. I'd say most oddsmakers would say UGA's 10 points better + 3 for home field. Tech's defense could make it close and UGA's offense has not shown much of a killer instinct with the opponent on the ropes. Amazing how often the odds are pretty much on target. We were 2.5 to 3 point favorites over AU. and win by 3. The odds are interesting but I don't condone gambling on college sports. Its a corrupting influence that I fear is going to cause some further scandals down the road. With all this online offshore stuff the money's getting so big that some slimey scoundrels are going to make some offers that won't be refused.

actually I think the off-shore has taken some of the organized crime/bookie influence out of it.

I think the local bookie was the biggest threat to a college team. Now Vegas monitors everything so closely that it is probably as safe as it is going to be.

I hope you are right. I had just assumed more people gambling and higher dollars makes it more likely some will try to rig the game. Betting on football seems to me to be mostly a sucker's game. I think a whole lot more folks lose there shirts than consistently make any money at it. Other than the bookies
smile.gif

Back